A motorist in Russia has caught on camera the moment a one-year-old baby came within centimetres of a passing truck after being thrown from a car after a crash.
The driver of a white Mitsubishi lost control of his car after overtaking in snowy conditions in Nizhny Novgorod.
When the vehicle hit a lorry moving in the opposite direction , the impact took away the rear of the car, leaving the back seat exposed.
The toddler, who police say was wrapped in a blanket underneath the rear window rather than strapped into the back seat, is seen tumbling from the Mitsubishi into the path of another oncoming lorry.
Fortunately the lorry driver was able to steer away from the little girl, who escaped with only small cuts and bruises.
Thanks to the footage, taken by a dashboard camera, traffic police were able to track the 53-year-old driver of the Mitsubishi who, as well as neglecting to strap in the child as required by law, performed an illegal overtaking manoeuvre, according to authorities.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Ukraine: US releases photos of alleged Russian special forces in the east
- 2Egypt: Mursi espionage trial adjourned and media ban imposed
- 3Crimean authorities move against Tatars and their leader
- 4Ukrainian president calls for resumption of “anti-terrorist” operations in east
- 5Medvedev calls Europe’s gas threat a ‘bluff’
- 1TV newscaster keeps calm as quake hits Mexico
- 2Watch April 15 total lunar eclipse live online
- 3South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 4Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
- 5Scientists find new Earth-sized planet that could host life
Wires > News
- 04:48 CET Satellites show North Korea nuclear test unlikely – think tank
- 04:32 CET Pirates raid Japanese oil tanker off Malaysia, kidnap 3 crew
- 02:53 CET Obama says disputed islands within scope of U.S.-Japan security…
- 02:50 CET Brazilian Congress passes Internet bill of rights
- 01:54 CET Rwandan president says he is not ready to rule out third term
- 01:49 CET Asia tensions simmer as Obama set to arrive in Tokyo
- 01:19 CET U.S. urges North Korea to refrain from new nuclear test
- 00:12 CET Egypt to pay some $1 billion owed oil firms within two months -…