A suicide bomber has struck a Shia mosque in the Iraqi city of Tuz Khurmato, 175 kilometres north of Baghdad.
The explosion killed at least 25 people who were attending a funeral of a politician’s relative who was shot dead a day earlier.
The latest attack follows a wave of violence on Tuesday, when three deadly blasts were detonated around Baghdad killing 17 and wounding dozens.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 20:13 CET Ukraine police give protesters deadline, PM brands them ‘Nazis’
- 19:39 CET France to launch military operation in CAR immediately: Hollande
- 19:20 CET UK push for curbs on migrant benefits gets mixed EU reception
- 19:18 CET Syria’s ‘bride of the revolution’ mourns freedom in al Qaeda’s grip
- 19:07 CET Spain seizes passports of two Franco-era policemen
- 19:02 CET Hurricane-force winds hit Britain and close in on Europe
- 19:00 CET Swiss expert contests French finding that Arafat not poisoned
- 18:56 CET Suicide bomber kills at least 20 at Yemen’s Defence Ministry -…