A suicide bomber has struck a Shia mosque in the Iraqi city of Tuz Khurmato, 175 kilometres north of Baghdad.
The explosion killed at least 25 people who were attending a funeral of a politician’s relative who was shot dead a day earlier.
The latest attack follows a wave of violence on Tuesday, when three deadly blasts were detonated around Baghdad killing 17 and wounding dozens.
Latest world news
Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu confirms he will step down at AK Party Congress on 22 May
Voting underway across the UK on ‘Super Thursday’
Dilma’s impeachment moves one step closer as commission backs removal
Panama babies born with microcephaly linked to Zika
euronews visits frontline village in Syria
Wires > News
- 14:11 CET Israel says found second Hamas tunnel from Gaza since 2014 war
- 14:03 CET Burundi police say 450 people killed in political violence in past…
- 13:52 CET Truce takes hold in Aleppo but fighting goes on elsewhere in Syria
- 13:39 CET Pakistan girl, 16, ‘burnt alive’ for helping couple to elope
- 13:37 CET Saudi security operation against Islamic State fighters in Mecca -…
- 13:20 CET People die, shooting rages at night, amid spluttering…
- 12:22 CET Israeli general assailed for Nazi comparison on Holocaust memorial…
- 12:11 CET Anguished Republicans wrestle with whether to support Trump