Uma Thurman and Hilary Swank were among a galaxy of A-listers at the Giorgio Armani Prive couture show during Paris Fashion Week.
Uma Thurman told the waiting press: “Since I started acting Armani was sort of the pinnacle of elegance and early days in Hollywood and glamour. I think one of the first designers really who entered Hollywood and started dressing actresses from the very beginning.”
The collection was a nicely judged mix of timeless classics and exotic innovation. A huge lightning bolt shooting down the catwalk added to the eclectic energy and underlined the theme, which was all about intensity.
Alexandre Vauthier’s collection was called Cold Summer, which at first glance might seem like a contradiction in terms. He explained: “I started out by doing the opposite of the preceding collection, because the idea is always to surprise people. I worked with the idea of rigour, with the tailored suit and the tuxedo. It’s a summer with codes that aren’t really summery, because I worked with black and navy blue – all around the concept of water, midnight skinny dipping, etc etc.”
The collection was sexy, featuring sheer and backless tops in draped, shimmering and clinging fabrics.
Stephane Rolland showed his spring/summer couture collection, accompanied by violinists wearing togas. He is popular with celebrities like Lady Gaga and Yasmin Le Bon, who enjoy his eye-catching designs. One frock was decorated with cigarette ends collected after a fitting with a chain-smoking model, for example.
- 1Netanyahu vows ‘knife terror’ won’t beat Israel as stabbings multiply
- 2ISIL training children to kill
- 3Germany: PEGIDA slams Merkel over refugee influx
- 4Flight MH17: was shot down by a BUK missile fired from Eastern Ukraine – Dutch report
- 5Show your support for innovative European technology businesses
- 1Putin adds diplomatic strand to bolster Syrian air strikes
- 2Russian cruise missiles strikes prompt global aviation officials to issue safety alerts
- 3Russia tries to reassure Saudi Arabia over Syria air strikes
- 414-year old model reignites underage catwalk controversy
- 5Iraqi military claims to have killed several senior ISIL members including leader al – Baghdadi
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 3Latest News Bulletin
- 4At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 5Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 6[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 7International news | euronews, latest international news
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 10Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 11Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 12Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 13Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 14Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 15[Live] Catalonia: separatists heading for clear win in crucial elections
- 16Israel agents ‘incite’ stone-throwing in West Bank
- 17Fifa suspends Blatter, Platini and Valcke
- 18Kicked down in Hungary, saved by Spain
- 19Catalan president Artur Mas charged with organising illegal independence referendum
- 20Hungary’s army can shoot rubber bullets and tear gas at refugees