23/01/13 19:55 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
More than 40 people were killed at a funeral in Iraq, when a suicide bomber dressed as a mourner detonated his explosives among the crowd in the middle of a Shi’ite mosque.
It happened in the city of Tuz Khurmato.
Survivors said the attacker wore his explosives under a suit to blend in. More than 75 people were wounded.
It’s the fourth suicide attack in a week in Iraq.
The Shi-ite prime minister Nuri al-Maliki has faced weeks of street protests by Sunnis demanding changes in two measures that they say unfairly target the Sunni community.
Wires > News
- 07:34 CET China, Russia urge U.S. to drop Korea missile defence proposal
- 06:33 CET Iran holds run-off parliamentary election – state TV
- 06:15 CET Shanghai Hongqiao airport fire put out, two dead – state TV
- 06:07 CET North Korea sentences Korean American to 10 years hard labour -…
- 05:54 CET Japan’s corpse hotels upset some of the neighbours
- 01:43 CET Brazil’s Temer says a new government would focus on growth – TV
- 01:37 CET Mexico investigates top crime fighter over missing 43 students case
- 01:03 CET Former Nazi guard expected to break silence at German trial