More than 40 people were killed at a funeral in Iraq, when a suicide bomber dressed as a mourner detonated his explosives among the crowd in the middle of a Shi’ite mosque.
It happened in the city of Tuz Khurmato.
Survivors said the attacker wore his explosives under a suit to blend in. More than 75 people were wounded.
It’s the fourth suicide attack in a week in Iraq.
The Shi-ite prime minister Nuri al-Maliki has faced weeks of street protests by Sunnis demanding changes in two measures that they say unfairly target the Sunni community.
- 1Obama denounces Russia’s ‘increasingly aggressive posture’ on Ukraine
- 2Chancellor Merkel heads Forbes most powerful women list – again!
- 3Bunny beaten to death live on Danish radio
- 4Russian ruble keeps rolling out in ‘Donetsk People’s Republic’
- 5Swiss police arrest several senior Fifa executives in a morning raid at a five-star hotel in Zurich
- 1Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 2Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Nepal: ‘equally big earthquakes coming in eastern regions,’ expert tells euronews | euronews, world news
- 5It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 6How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 7Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different? | euronews, world news
- 8Juncker to Hungarian PM Orban: “Hello, Dictator!”
- 9Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 10International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 11Exclusive: unrest in FYR Macedonia could hit other Balkan countries warns Serbian PM | euronews, world news
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 14Portuguese language reform law goes global | euronews, world news
- 15EU membership remains Serbia’s priority, says PM Aleksandar Vucic | euronews, the global conversation
- 16Spanish voters punish mainstream parties in local and regional elections
- 17Spain: the viral soldiers fighting in Madrid and Barcelona mayoral races | euronews, world news
- 18Watch: France’s Jean-Marie Le Pen clashes with UKIP MEP Woolfe | euronews, world news
- 19eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 20How young translators are helping knit European culture together | euronews, generation y
Wires > News
- 15:31 CET EU judges jail 11 ex-Kosovo Albanian guerrillas for war crimes
- 15:30 CET Fractured EU parliament seeks unity on U.S. trade deal
- 15:09 CET Saudi designates two Hezbollah officials as terrorists – agency
- 14:59 CET Erdogan’s war on critical media heats up ahead of Turkish election
- 14:55 CET Sectarian strife biggest threat facing Muslims – Kuwait
- 14:43 CET Over 2,500 migrants still adrift, U.N. says ahead of SE Asia…
- 14:41 CET Hundreds rally in Myanmar over ‘boat people’ crisis
- 14:33 CET Germany lobbies India to buy Eurofighters, submarines