More than 40 people were killed at a funeral in Iraq, when a suicide bomber dressed as a mourner detonated his explosives among the crowd in the middle of a Shi’ite mosque.
It happened in the city of Tuz Khurmato.
Survivors said the attacker wore his explosives under a suit to blend in. More than 75 people were wounded.
It’s the fourth suicide attack in a week in Iraq.
The Shi-ite prime minister Nuri al-Maliki has faced weeks of street protests by Sunnis demanding changes in two measures that they say unfairly target the Sunni community.
- 1Saakashvili warns of Odessa region’s importance to Ukraine
- 2Greece: with referendum looming ‘Yes’ vote ahead, opinion poll suggests
- 3Finland tops European countries in latest happiness survey
- 4Thousands rally in France in support of Greek “no” vote
- 5Tsipras: ‘no’ vote will mean a better deal with lenders
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 3Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 4[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 7Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 8[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 9Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 10NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 11Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 12‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 13Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 14Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 15Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 16Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 17Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 18Greek banks, stock exchange will not open on Monday, Tsipras announces
- 19Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
- 20Hungary: billboard war sparks international concern
Wires > News
- 16:13 CET Founder of German eurosceptic party calls for end to feud
- 16:00 CET Tunisia’s president declares state of emergency after hotel attack
- 15:42 CET Saudi says wanted militant killed in exchange of fire
- 15:26 CET Iraqi jets drop leaflets over Mosul promising to recapture city
- 15:24 CET Fidel Castro, 88, visits cheese-makers in rare public appearance
- 15:21 CET Taiwan president remembers Nationalist victory in Sino-Japan war
- 15:17 CET Russia outraged by Poland’s removal of Soviet war memorial
- 15:13 CET Egypt says kills 12 militants in air strikes as Sisi inspects…