More than 40 people were killed at a funeral in Iraq, when a suicide bomber dressed as a mourner detonated his explosives among the crowd in the middle of a Shi’ite mosque.
It happened in the city of Tuz Khurmato.
Survivors said the attacker wore his explosives under a suit to blend in. More than 75 people were wounded.
It’s the fourth suicide attack in a week in Iraq.
The Shi-ite prime minister Nuri al-Maliki has faced weeks of street protests by Sunnis demanding changes in two measures that they say unfairly target the Sunni community.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Oklahoma supreme court halts executions pending drugs hearing
- 2Ukraine: US releases photos of alleged Russian special forces in the east
- 3Nepalese sherpas threaten strike in wake of Everest avalanche tragedy
- 4Death toll now 87 in South Korea ferry sinking; 215 missing
- 5Miracle stowaway survives five hour jet flight hidden in wheel well
- 1TV newscaster keeps calm as quake hits Mexico
- 2South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 3Scientists find new Earth-sized planet that could host life
- 4Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
- 5Ukrainian troops allegedly desert to join pro-Russian forces in Slavyansk
Wires > News
- 21:04 CET Car explodes outside police station in Kenyan capital
- 21:02 CET New law to lure investors to Egypt could feed corruption, critics…
- 20:52 CET Three charged in plot to ship chemical lab equipment from US to…
- 20:29 CET South Africa platinum strike talks to continue Thursday
- 20:23 CET Italy’s Berlusconi to start community service work next week
- 20:20 CET Hamas, Abbas’s PLO announce reconciliation agreement
- 19:55 CET Two policemen, militant killed in Egypt
- 19:30 CET Bahrain says expels representative of Shi’ite Ayatollah Sistani