More than 40 people were killed at a funeral in Iraq, when a suicide bomber dressed as a mourner detonated his explosives among the crowd in the middle of a Shi’ite mosque.
It happened in the city of Tuz Khurmato.
Survivors said the attacker wore his explosives under a suit to blend in. More than 75 people were wounded.
It’s the fourth suicide attack in a week in Iraq.
The Shi-ite prime minister Nuri al-Maliki has faced weeks of street protests by Sunnis demanding changes in two measures that they say unfairly target the Sunni community.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 2Eastern Ukrainians ‘hate Russian-led guerrillas’ — Arseniy Yatsenyuk
- 3Caught on camera – children drugged and beaten in Romanian kindergarten
- 4Ukraine: ‘Disappointment’ at Yatsenyuk resignation
- 5Fears over spread of Ebola as more tragedies emerge
Wires > News
- 01:02 CET NATO must change to better repel Russian threat – Cameron
- 22:40 CET African leaders agree steps to fight runaway Ebola outbreak
- 22:36 CET Obama says that after 9/11, ‘we tortured some folks’
- 21:35 CET North Korea accuses U.N. Security Council of double standards
- 20:24 CET Ten killed in clashes between Azeris, ethnic Armenians
- 19:58 CET Insight: Collateral damage – How Iran sanctions fears hurt…
- 18:14 CET Doubts surface about India’s Modi after trade deal scuppered
- 17:26 CET Ugandan court overturns anti-gay law that halted Western aid