Austenland, directed by Jerusha Hess, and staring Jane Seymour, has premiered at Sundance.
The plot concerns an Austen fan who goes to a theme park in search of Mr Darcy and of course, gets more than she bargained for. Cue wet shirts and heaving bosoms.
It is the latest offering in what is rapidly becoming a rom com sub-genre of its own: stories about women who prefer Austen’s world to their own.
That doesn’t mean it’s a complete duck though. It’s lush and silly and is just that ideal sugar/salt mix that makes popcorn so munchable. Pass the white wine, girls. Darcy, get your shirt off…
For more information see http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1985019/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
For the making-of see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tdmo96Afhc4
Nicole Kidman was also at Sundance to promote her latest film, Stoker, directed by Park Chan-Wook.
A much darker, more serious offering than Austenland, it is a Gothic family drama involving death, incestuous desires, and eyebrows that slope up at the sides. The film starts slowly and builds to a climax which is, for the faint-hearted, mercifully short on gratuitous gore. Probably a must see, especially if you’ve ever secretly yearned to dye your hair jet black.
For more information see http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1682180/
For the trailer see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNpDG4WR_74
Copyright © 2015 euronewsMore about:
- 1A Life with Eric and George: Pattie Boyd offers intimate photo show
- 2‘Snow Therapy’ will test your convictions on the nuclear family
- 3LIVE: 2015 ETAM Fashion show from Paris
- 4Documentary focusses on South Africa’s ‘Other Man’ FW de Klerk
- 5Sochi International Arts Festival creates unique musical fusions
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Exclusive: CIA and Mossad are behind Boko Haram and ISIL, says Sudan president | euronews, world news
- 3eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 4English and Spanish among happiest languages | euronews, world news
- 5Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails? | euronews, world news
- 6Exclusive: Tsipras promises meritocracy, transparency for Greece, urges Europe to put people first | euronews, world news
- 7Watch: Ukraine MPs in fierce fist fight outside parliament | euronews, world news
- 8Dramatic dashcam video captures Taiwan plane crash | euronews, world news
- 9International news | euronews, latest international news
- 10Data ‘mocks’ claims migrants try for Europe ‘expecting’ sea rescue | euronews, world news
- 11European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 12Kosovo emptying out, hopes for independent future exhausted | euronews, world news
- 13Tens of thousands march in Moscow in memory of Boris Nemtsov | euronews, world news
- 14‘Blue’ dress causes internet confusion. Is it white and gold? | euronews, world news
- 15Live updates: follow the 2015 Oscars ceremony | euronews, world news
- 16euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 17Implanted RFID chip controls office access for Stockholm workers | euronews, hi-tech
- 18Barack Obama’s silly Buzzfeed video goes viral | euronews, world news
- 19Elastic road surface reduces motorway noise pollution | euronews, futuris
- 20Canada: Valentine’s Day mass shooting plot foiled say police | euronews, world news