There was a lockdown on a US college campus as three people, including two students were injured during a shooting in Texas.
The latest incident happened at the Lone Star community college in a suburb of Houston when, according to authorities one man opened fire on another during an apparent argument, hitting people nearby.
A 22-year-old man was later charged with aggravated assault. He was named as Carlton Berry.
The two people involved in the argument were treated in hospital, including a woman with student identification with a medical issue that was not a gunshot wound, authorities said. A maintenance worker who had been standing nearby was shot in the leg.
A student described seeing the man with a gun: “He had it hidden in his clothes. After that he pulled it out and started shooting the other guy. He accidentlly shot another dude. But he didn’t mean to, I guess, shoot the other dude. But he shot two or three other people.”
The shooting at the community college was the latest incident at a US school since a gunman massacred 20 children and six adults in Connecticut in December.
President Barack Obama has signalled his intention to strengthen gun laws in the US and is proposing a ban on military-style assault weapons.
- 1Turkey blames US for ‘sea of blood’ in region
- 2Nigeria: suicide bomber turns herself in after recognising relatives among potential victims
- 3World powers arrive in Munich hoping to resurrect Syrian peace talks
- 4Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 5North Korea: broadcasts footage said to show latest missile launch
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Most Istanbul blast victims ‘were German’, says Turkey
- 4Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 5Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 6Partnering to grow Europe
- 7Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 8Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 9Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 10Merroussis clinches the 33rd Athens Authentic Marathon
- 11Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 12‘National’ funeral for Celine Dion’s husband ‘over the top’
- 13Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 14International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 15Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 16latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 17Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 18Middle East - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 19Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
- 20world Weather | euronews: world ten day weather forecast
Latest world news
Victims of Sara Netanyahu’s ‘abusive behaviour’ win 39,000 euros
France: two deadly crashes involving children in two days
Iran marks 37 years since the Islamic Revolution
Fresh figures suggest scale of humanitarian crisis in Syria
Nigeria: suicide bomber turns herself in after recognising relatives among potential victims
Wires > News
- 13:39 CET U.S. tells allies campaign to defeat Islamic State must be…
- 13:39 CET Prison riot in northeast Mexico kills dozens – local media
- 13:36 CET Spain’s acting PM could ask EU for deficit target flexibility
- 13:34 CET Pro-government forces seize camp outside Yemen capital
- 13:06 CET Turkey-Israel talks to restore ties going well, no deal yet – …
- 12:53 CET NATO allies launch sea mission against people-smugglers
- 12:51 CET Latvia parliament approves PM Maris Kucinskis new government
- 12:13 CET Iran’s Rouhani calls for political unity before crucial votes – TV