There was a lockdown on a US college campus as three people, including two students were injured during a shooting in Texas.
The latest incident happened at the Lone Star community college in a suburb of Houston when, according to authorities one man opened fire on another during an apparent argument, hitting people nearby.
A 22-year-old man was later charged with aggravated assault. He was named as Carlton Berry.
The two people involved in the argument were treated in hospital, including a woman with student identification with a medical issue that was not a gunshot wound, authorities said. A maintenance worker who had been standing nearby was shot in the leg.
A student described seeing the man with a gun: “He had it hidden in his clothes. After that he pulled it out and started shooting the other guy. He accidentlly shot another dude. But he didn’t mean to, I guess, shoot the other dude. But he shot two or three other people.”
The shooting at the community college was the latest incident at a US school since a gunman massacred 20 children and six adults in Connecticut in December.
President Barack Obama has signalled his intention to strengthen gun laws in the US and is proposing a ban on military-style assault weapons.
Latest world news
Three Earth-like planets found outside the Solar System
Denmark extends controls on German border, EU set to allow more Schengen exceptions
Incredible scenes in the Turkish parliament
Reckitt Benckiser apologises over South Korea deadly disinfectant
US cruise ship docks in Havana over 40 years since the last sailed the Florida Straits
Wires > News
- 00:30 CET Obama says Chinese-led trade deal shows need for TPP – Washington…
- 00:29 CET U.S. says Iraq’s PM in ‘strong position’ amid political unrest
- 00:24 CET NATO weighs four battalions in Eastern states to deter Russia -…
- 00:17 CET Argentine court probes ex-president Fernandez over new case – media
- 23:04 CET U.S. tells Pakistan it will have to fund F-16s itself
- 22:14 CET Leader of Canada’s separatist Parti Quebecois steps down
- 22:13 CET Emotional return as first U.S. cruise in decades reaches Cuba
- 22:11 CET EU executive to propose visa-free travel for Turks on Wednesday…