Dutch international Wesley Sneijder has completed his move from Inter Milan to Galatasaray for a fee of €7.5million after passing a club medical at an Istanbul hospital on Tuesday.
The 28 year old, who signed a three-year deal with the Turkish champions, inspired the Nerazzuri to an unprecedented Champions League, Serie A and Italian Cup treble in 2010 before helping the Netherlands finish World Cup runners-up in South Africa.
Sneijder made only six appearances for Inter Milan this season and despite his lack of playing time, the Dutch playmaker could make his Galatasaray debut at home to city rivals Besiktas on Sunday.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 7Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 8[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 9Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 10Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 11‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 12Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 13NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 14Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
- 15Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 16Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 17Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 18Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 19Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 20Hungary: billboard war sparks international concern
Wires > Sport
- 06:53 CET Japan Olympics Minister says reports of illegal funds ‘completely…
- 06:49 CET Dempsey strikes twice as U.S. open Gold Cup defence with win
- 06:20 CET Kyrgios stunned by criticism back home, asks for respect
- 04:42 CET Price putting heart and soul into Presidents tilt – co-captain
- 02:13 CET Stallings banned three months for doping violation
- 02:09 CET Beware a motivated Park In-bee at U.S. Women’s Open
- 01:20 CET Andy Murray plays with pups in sniffer-dog video
- 01:17 CET Caddie booted from U.S. Women’s Open for photos