Dutch international Wesley Sneijder has completed his move from Inter Milan to Galatasaray for a fee of €7.5million after passing a club medical at an Istanbul hospital on Tuesday.
The 28 year old, who signed a three-year deal with the Turkish champions, inspired the Nerazzuri to an unprecedented Champions League, Serie A and Italian Cup treble in 2010 before helping the Netherlands finish World Cup runners-up in South Africa.
Sneijder made only six appearances for Inter Milan this season and despite his lack of playing time, the Dutch playmaker could make his Galatasaray debut at home to city rivals Besiktas on Sunday.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 8Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 9International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 10French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 11BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 12Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 13Latest News Bulletin
- 14Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 15At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 16Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 17‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 18Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 19Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
- 20European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
Wires > Sport
- 04:22 CET Rio confident a year before Games but questions remain
- 01:22 CET Argentina’s Di Maria has medical ahead of PSG move
- 00:48 CET Mayweather returns to ring in September against Berto
- 00:20 CET Former Cardiff boss Solskjaer in talks with Toronto – agent
- 00:12 CET IAAF fights back against reports of widespread suspected doping
- 23:45 CET Brazilian senators to head to U.S., Switzerland, in football probe
- 23:38 CET Rapid Vienna knock out Ajax with dramatic win
- 23:35 CET Brazil politician proposes annual ‘Goal to Germany’ day