The Bolshoi ballet has unveiled the choreographer who will head the company in the absence of Sergei Filin. Galina Stepanenko was unveiled to the dancers.
The 46-year-old teacher and choreographer joined the company in 1990.
Filin was injured in an acid attack near his home last week. He has approved of the choice of Stepaneko.
Latest world news
13 feared dead after helicopter crash near Bergen, Norway
Angry protest outside Trump rally in California
‘A new game, a final’: UEFA’s Platini makes last appeal against six-year ban
Unrest and arrests in Paris over labour reforms
North Korea: US citizen given 10 years of hard labour for spying
Wires > News
- 13:42 CET South African court orders review of decision to drop Zuma charges
- 13:35 CET Helicopter crashes off Norwegian coast
- 13:12 CET Iran moderates eye more gains in run-off parliamentary election
- 12:58 CET EU executive opposes call for easier suspension of visa-free travel
- 12:23 CET Shelling and air strikes resume in Aleppo
- 12:12 CET Helmet cam footage shows Islamic State in battlefield chaos
- 12:03 CET Trump praises Sanders but may struggle to win over his voters
- 11:53 CET Russian foreign ministry summons Polish ambassador