Three deadly blasts have rocked Baghdad leaving 17 dead and dozens wounded.
A suicide bomber attacked an army base in Taji to the north of the Iraqi capital. A car bomb was detonated in the neighbourhood of Shula and an army checkpoint to the South was also hit.
So far no one has claimed responsibility for the deadly bombings.
The attacks come in the wake of rising tensions which erupted in Sunni protests last month putting pressure on Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki to leave his post.
Wires > News
- 01:32 CET As Beijing flexes muscles in South China Sea, Malaysia eyes harder…
- 01:18 CET Combative Trump says he raised $5.6 million for vets, bashes media
- 23:58 CET UAE frees Canadian man acquitted of militancy, set to leave Weds
- 23:01 CET Philippines president-elect says won’t rely on United States
- 23:00 CET OAS head moves to suspend Venezuela from regional group
- 22:41 CET Leader of Western Sahara independence movement dies after illness
- 22:40 CET Italy court upholds Costa Concordia captain’s 2012 shipwreck…
- 22:35 CET Far-right parties winning over some Jewish voters, top rabbi warns