21/01/13 15:37 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Around 200 Eritrean soldiers with two tanks have surrounded the Ministry of Information in the capital Asmara, regional diplomatic sources said on Monday.
State television and radio went off air after the troops moved in and they were still not broadcasting on Monday afternoon, the sources told Reuters.
Latest world news
Forensic teams identify victims of Ataturk airport attack as relatives mourn
Black box confirms smoke on board doomed EgyptAir flight
Russia extends ban on Western food products
Atatürk Airport attack – why did it happen?
Nicola Sturgeon gets ‘sympathetic’ reception in Brussels over Brexit
Wires > News
- 03:12 CET At Pacific Alliance summit, Chile warns against isolationism
- 02:26 CET U.S. says Russian ship raised false signal in incident
- 02:22 CET U.S.-led strikes pound Islamic State in Iraq, kill 250 fighters
- 01:42 CET North America leaders mount strong defence of trade despite threats
- 01:34 CET Japan plans July fighter jet tender seen worth $40 billion as…
- 01:03 CET Home-grown militants and ex-major behind Bangladesh attacks…
- 00:48 CET Brazil could dismiss Rousseff the day before Olympics ends
- 00:05 CET No fanfare as Philippines’ Duterte prepares to take office