Around 200 Eritrean soldiers with two tanks have surrounded the Ministry of Information in the capital Asmara, regional diplomatic sources said on Monday.
State television and radio went off air after the troops moved in and they were still not broadcasting on Monday afternoon, the sources told Reuters.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 23:49 CET Spain PM urges greater European integration
- 23:03 CET Brash Florence mayor Renzi wins centre-left leadership
- 22:34 CET India’s ruling party stumbles as opponent Modi marches on
- 21:25 CET Syrian opposition head fears U.S.-Iran thaw could benefit Assad
- 19:59 CET Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting
- 19:56 CET Colombia’s FARC says to declare 30-day ceasefire from December 15
- 19:14 CET British military chopper makes unexpected West Bank landing
- 19:08 CET PKK militants abduct four Turkish soldiers after unrest