The US capital has been preparing for public events to commemorate the inauguration of President Barack Obama for a second term.
Hundreds of thousands of visitors are expected in the capital.
Ahead of the public oath the President makes on Monday, he was officially sworn in on Sunday in a small ceremony at the White House.
During his inauguration speech, Obama will lay out his plans for the next four years.
But for the moment, many Americans are focused on celebrating the historic day itself.
Business has been booming in DC shops and stalls, packed with Obama memorabilia.
- 1Spain heading for constitutional tension as Catalonia calls an early election
- 2Obama unveils US plan to cut carbon emissions
- 3Iran sizzles in some of the hottest temperatures ever known to humankind
- 4Ukrainians protest against a planned “buffer zone”
- 5Italy arrests Mafia suspects after cracking Cosa Nostra’s secret code words
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 8French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 9Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 10International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 11BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 12Latest News Bulletin
- 13Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 14‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 15At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 16Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 17Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 18Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 19Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
- 20Dudamel’s gift of Beethoven to brotherly Bogota
Latest world news
Norwegian police investigate ‘bomb-like’ package at Oslo university
At least 20 killed as two trains derail in central India
Israel approves detention without trial in crackdown on Jewish extremists
Appeal for international aid as floods kill hundreds in Myanmar and India
Croatia and Serbia mark the 20th anniversary of Operation Storm
Wires > News
- 08:10 CET Japan’s Abe asks Biden for investigation of possible U.S. spying
- 07:37 CET Norwegian police investigate ‘bomb-like’ package at Oslo university
- 07:34 CET Civilian casualties rise as Afghan war intensifies in 2015
- 06:14 CET Kerry, China’s Wang discuss South China Sea tensions
- 06:08 CET India floods derail two trains, killing at least 20; hundreds…
- 04:52 CET China appeals for U.S. help to fight Xinjiang militants
- 04:51 CET FBI looking into security of Clinton private email account -…
- 04:05 CET Fewer Germans going to Syria, Iraq to fight for Islamic State -…