Versace kicked off Paris couture week with a colourful and luxurious collection awash in fluorescent hues and real 24-carat gold accents. Kevin Costner and Princess Charlene of Monaco were among the celebrities at Donatella Versace’s Atelier Versace show, which launched Haute Couture fashion week in the French capital.
Versace’s Spring/Summer 2013 collection explored the relationship between architectural shapes and ethereal fabrics. The colour palette was a riot of fluorescent yellow and pink sprinkled with black and gold numbers.
Designer Donatella Versace said: “I have two fabrics in this collection. One is black pinstripe, but the stripe is real gold, so the silk is woven with real gold. Another one is a Japanese denim, woven with real gold again. But you cannot do this kind of thing for example for pret-à-porter, it would cost a fortune.”
Versace was founded by the late Gianni Versace in 1978. Donatella Versace took over the reins following the death of her brother who was murdered in Miami Beach in 1997. The Italian label is best-known for its sexy silhouettes and over-the-top glamour.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 6Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 7Latest News Bulletin
- 8Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 9Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 10Why World Elephant Day matters
- 11International news | euronews, latest international news
- 12UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 13Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 14ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 15Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 16Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 17Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 18As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
latest le mag news
Learning circus skills in a danger zone
Traditional music festival fills Samarkand with oriental melodies
Derbent celebrates 2,000 years of history and multiculturalism
Culture by the Black Sea at Bulgaria’s Apollonia festival
Wondaland artists use ‘sound as a weapon’ for Black Lives Matters