Versace kicked off Paris couture week with a colourful and luxurious collection awash in fluorescent hues and real 24-carat gold accents. Kevin Costner and Princess Charlene of Monaco were among the celebrities at Donatella Versace’s Atelier Versace show, which launched Haute Couture fashion week in the French capital.
Versace’s Spring/Summer 2013 collection explored the relationship between architectural shapes and ethereal fabrics. The colour palette was a riot of fluorescent yellow and pink sprinkled with black and gold numbers.
Designer Donatella Versace said: “I have two fabrics in this collection. One is black pinstripe, but the stripe is real gold, so the silk is woven with real gold. Another one is a Japanese denim, woven with real gold again. But you cannot do this kind of thing for example for pret-à-porter, it would cost a fortune.”
Versace was founded by the late Gianni Versace in 1978. Donatella Versace took over the reins following the death of her brother who was murdered in Miami Beach in 1997. The Italian label is best-known for its sexy silhouettes and over-the-top glamour.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 4NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 5Latest News Bulletin
- 6At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 7Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 10Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 11[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 12Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 13International news | euronews, latest international news
- 14Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 15Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 16Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 17What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 18[Live] Catalonia: separatists heading for clear win in crucial elections
- 19Israel agents ‘incite’ stone-throwing in West Bank
- 20Fifa suspends Blatter, Platini and Valcke