Jan Matura of the Czech Republic sealed his second ski jumping win in as many days in Japan on Sunday after again leaping to the top of the podium in Sapporo.
Matura took advantage of the absence of overall world cup leader Gregor Schlierenzauer to land jumps of 132.5 and 133 metres. He garnered a winning total 247 points.
Robert Kranjec of Slovenia was second. Kranjec lost out on the top spot by just 1.3 points after leaps of 131 and 134 metres. Andreas Wank of Germany finished third with 241 points
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 8Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 9International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 10French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 11BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 12Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 13Latest News Bulletin
- 14Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 15At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 16Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 17‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 18Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 19Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
- 20European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
Wires > Sport
- 13:19 CET Proteas recall big guns for New Zealand one-dayers
- 13:11 CET Liverpool loan goalkeeper Vigouroux to Swindon Town
- 12:08 CET Mourinho says disagreements with owner Abramovich are over
- 11:49 CET Van der Burgh in record-breaking form in Kazan heats
- 11:20 CET Legia declared winners in abandoned Europa League match
- 11:06 CET Cipriani’s World Cup hopes alive still after new bail date
- 10:46 CET Guardiola raises doubts over Schweinsteiger’s fitness
- 10:15 CET Ki hopes to upset Chelsea in Swansea’s League opener