Viktoria Rebensburg – the 2010 giant slalom Olympic champion – defied the challenging weather conditions to win a world cup Super G race in the Italian resort of Cortina d’Ampezzo.
It was her second win in the discipline after the World Cup finals in Schladming last year and tenth career world cup victory.
The 26-year-old German beat the driving snow and fog to clock a winning time of one minute and 16.45 seconds.
Austrian Nicole Schmidhofer boosted her chances of a national selection for next month’s world championships on home snow in Schladming. Schmidhofer was second for her first career podium finish – 0.33 seconds behind.
As Schmidhofer celebrated her first ever podium – Tina Maze celebrated her 15th of the season.
The Slovenian was one hundredths of a second behind in third to stretch her overall world cup lead to a now almost uncatchable 718 points with 14 races left on the women’s calendar.
- 1Champions League: Defending champs Barcelona storm into last 16
- 2Britain’s Webb wins Antarctic Ice Marathon
- 3Djokovic downs Federer to secure ATP World Tour title in London
- 4Champions League: Real Madrid hold off Shakhtar to win Group A
- 5FIFA ethics panel calls for sanctions against Blatter and Platini
- 1Coordinated terror attacks leave dozens dead in Paris
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 31000-year-old Bible found in Turkey
- 4Bomb and several shootings in central Paris – reports of fatalities and injuries
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Police hunting Paris attacks mastermind battle with suspects in heart of Paris
- 7world Weather | euronews: world ten day weather forecast
- 8European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 9Humans consume more than planet can produce on ‘Earth Overshoot Day’
- 10latest sci-tech news : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 11Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13‘Anonymous’ hackers’ group declares ‘war’ on ISIL
- 14New temporary spiritual leader of Muslim Brotherhood appointed
- 15‘Maxed-out:’ Jordan’s King Abdullah II’s frank warning over Syria crisis
- 16No Comment | euronews: international news images without commentary
- 17Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 18Business news and finance news | euronews: international economic and finance news
- 19Latest News Bulletin
- 20Terrorist threat on Europe’s rail network, according to German tabloid
Wires > Sport
- 12:28 CET Kenya bans seven more athletes for doping
- 12:04 CET Shell boast of boost to Ferrari
- 11:38 CET Australia’s Campbell sets 100m freestyle short-course record
- 11:30 CET Lauda and Wolff hold hands amid talk of strife
- 11:13 CET Cerebral Ashwin spins his way to the top
- 00:34 CET Shevchenko to join Ukraine coaching staff – report
- 22:09 CET Murray rises above the din as tempers fray
- 22:07 CET Bayern see slight dip in 2014/15 turnover, profits up