Viktoria Rebensburg – the 2010 giant slalom Olympic champion – defied the challenging weather conditions to win a world cup Super G race in the Italian resort of Cortina d’Ampezzo.
It was her second win in the discipline after the World Cup finals in Schladming last year and tenth career world cup victory.
The 26-year-old German beat the driving snow and fog to clock a winning time of one minute and 16.45 seconds.
Austrian Nicole Schmidhofer boosted her chances of a national selection for next month’s world championships on home snow in Schladming. Schmidhofer was second for her first career podium finish – 0.33 seconds behind.
As Schmidhofer celebrated her first ever podium – Tina Maze celebrated her 15th of the season.
The Slovenian was one hundredths of a second behind in third to stretch her overall world cup lead to a now almost uncatchable 718 points with 14 races left on the women’s calendar.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Chomsky – a rebel with a cause | euronews, world news
- 3[LIVE] Germanwings passenger jet crashes in southern France, 148 people on board – authorities | euronews, world news
- 4Europe is ‘bluffing’ over Greece-Russia relations – analyst | euronews, news
- 5French Alps plane crash treated as suicide and mass murder by co-pilot | euronews, world news
- 6Why is Bulgaria the EU’s most unhappy country? | euronews, world news
- 7International news | euronews, latest international news
- 8Greece’s claim for war reparations from Germany explained | euronews, world news
- 9eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 10International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 11Former IMF chief ‘under investigation for money laundering’ | euronews, world news
- 12Pope Francis washes Rome prisoners’ feet on Holy Thursday | euronews, world news
- 13ECB chief Mario Draghi unhurt after protest during speech | euronews, world news
- 14Reaching new heights: Parents in India scale walls to ‘help students cheat’ | euronews, world news
- 15Germanwings press conference mystery: what wasn’t he supposed to say? | euronews, world news
- 16French prosecutor: Germanwings co-pilot appears to have crashed plane deliberately | euronews, world news
- 17European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 18Germany: Violence flares at anti-austerity protest against new ECB headquarters | euronews, world news
- 19[Live updates] France plane crash: damaged black box ‘can provide information’ | euronews, world news
- 20Fighting Boko Haram: Chad aims to ‘destroy’ militant group | euronews, world news
Wires > Sport
- 21:59 CET Burnley down but not out yet, says Dyche
- 21:29 CET Reading keeper’s error sees Arsenal reach FA Cup final
- 21:01 CET Marquez on pole in Argentina by hefty margin
- 20:49 CET Real’s Bale substituted with suspected calf injury
- 20:45 CET Chelsea open up 10-point lead with gritty United win
- 19:55 CET Pavlyuchenkova sparks Russia to 2-0 Fed Cup lead over Germany
- 19:32 CET Returning Hingis loses Fed Cup tie in courageous effort
- 18:18 CET Fofana try fires Clermont to victory over gutsy Saracens