Barack Obama has officially been sworn in for a second term as US President, from the Blue Room at the White House in Washington.
The President was joined by wife Michelle and daughters Saskia and Malia but the public inauguration will take place on Monday to much greater fanfare.
Up to 800,000 are expected to brave the cold, but close to two million flocked to see Obama’s first presidential inauguration in 2009.
Wires > News
- 10:26 CET Yemen’s Houthis seize military base, endangering peace talks
- 09:17 CET Three Turkish soldiers killed, 14 others wounded in PKK attack in…
- 08:51 CET Taiwan DPP condemns latest deportation of Taiwanese to China
- 08:37 CET Rare rallies in Vietnam over mysterious mass fish deaths
- 07:04 CET Facing long odds in California, Cruz courts state’s Republicans
- 05:53 CET For Obama, it’s time for one last laugh at annual Washington dinner
- 04:16 CET China trains ‘fishing militia’ to sail into disputed waters
- 03:22 CET Venezuela leader hikes minimum wage 30 percent amid raging…