Felix Neureuther wrapped up the weekend’s world cup action at the Swiss resort of Wengen on Sunday by winning the men’s slalom race.
The German was second after the first run but skied a near-perfect second leg down the
Männlichen course to secure his fourth career world cup victory.
It was his second triumph of the season after winning the Parallel Slalom on home snow in Munich in December.
Austria’s slalom points leader Marcel Hirscher missed out on his fifth slalom win in the opening six races by 0.21 seconds.
It didn’t stop the 23-year-old however extending his lead in the overall world cup standings to 188 points over Norway’s Aksel Lund Svindal.
Rounding off the podium in third place was Croatia’s Ivica Kostelic, a four times winner of the slalom in the Swiss resort.
The 2011 overall world cup champion was 0.25 seconds off the winners pace for his 12th podium in Wengen.
The men’s circus travels to Kitzbuehel next weekend for a Super-G, downhill, slalom and a super-combined.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 8Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 9International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 10French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 11BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 12Latest News Bulletin
- 13Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 14Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 15At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 16Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 17‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 18Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 19Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
- 20European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
Wires > Sport
- 06:27 CET With British Open in the bag, Park looks for new goals
- 06:23 CET Blatter gives up IOC membership as FIFA exit nears
- 06:08 CET Calls grow for global athletics probe after widespread doping…
- 04:07 CET Ominous pre-season a worry for USG’s title rivals
- 02:43 CET Horse racing-American Pharoah wins again, takes the Haskell
- 02:01 CET Isner beats ailing Baghdatis to win Atlanta title again
- 22:40 CET Drucker sprints to RideLondon-Surrey classic win
- 21:55 CET China’s Qiu equals Louganis record