Felix Neureuther wrapped up the weekend’s world cup action at the Swiss resort of Wengen on Sunday by winning the men’s slalom race.
The German was second after the first run but skied a near-perfect second leg down the
Männlichen course to secure his fourth career world cup victory.
It was his second triumph of the season after winning the Parallel Slalom on home snow in Munich in December.
Austria’s slalom points leader Marcel Hirscher missed out on his fifth slalom win in the opening six races by 0.21 seconds.
It didn’t stop the 23-year-old however extending his lead in the overall world cup standings to 188 points over Norway’s Aksel Lund Svindal.
Rounding off the podium in third place was Croatia’s Ivica Kostelic, a four times winner of the slalom in the Swiss resort.
The 2011 overall world cup champion was 0.25 seconds off the winners pace for his 12th podium in Wengen.
The men’s circus travels to Kitzbuehel next weekend for a Super-G, downhill, slalom and a super-combined.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Africa Cup of Nations to go ahead in Morocco despite hosts Ebola fears
- 2Volvo Ocean Race: Fleet still together one week in
- 3Andres Iniesta gets the Golden Foot award ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo
- 4UEFA set to charge Serbia and Albania after flag brawl
- 5Marathon madness as athletes brave Brazilian rain forest
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Now is ‘right time’ for Catalonia independence vote, says Mas | euronews, world news
- 3Vatican rocked by another paedophilia scandal | euronews, world news
- 4Two container ships collide on Egypt’s Suez Canal | euronews, no comment
- 5British Muslims’ message to ISIL: Not in my name! | euronews, world news
- 6Sweden becomes first European nation to recognise Palestine | euronews, world news
- 7Algeria: ISIL offshoot releases video threatening French hostage Hervé Gourdel | euronews, world news
- 8How nasheeds became the soundtrack of jihad | euronews, world news
- 9Emma Watson threatened with naked photos leak after UN equality speech | euronews, world news
- 10International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 11Iceland volcano ‘pollutes Paris’ | euronews, world news
- 12Ebola: Six new suspected cases in Spain | euronews, world news
- 13European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 14Learning through “serious games” | euronews, learning world
- 15euronews speaks to Ban Ki-moon ahead of key UN and climate change talks | euronews, the global conversation
- 16US delivers technical aid to Ukraine but warns over security | euronews, world news
- 17euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 18Global warming to ‘cause 250,000 extra deaths a year’ | euronews, world news
- 19All you need to know about the Ebola virus | euronews, world news
- 20Mike Tyson: ‘You learn humbleness when you get older in life’ | euronews, the global conversation
Wires > Sport
- 00:27 CET Dortmund crush Galatasaray to maintain 100 percent record
- 00:25 CET Rodgers unimpressed by Balotelli’s shirt swap
- 00:12 CET Roberto denies Juve as Olympiakos hold on for win
- 00:08 CET Ludogorets make history with 1-0 win over Basel
- 23:56 CET Defenders sparkle as Leverkusen beat Zenit
- 23:51 CET Arsenal steal points in late Anderlecht raid
- 23:42 CET Glaring miss costs Monaco against Benfica
- 23:09 CET Koke on song as Atletico thrash Malmo 5-0