Felix Neureuther wrapped up the weekend’s world cup action at the Swiss resort of Wengen on Sunday by winning the men’s slalom race.
The German was second after the first run but skied a near-perfect second leg down the
Männlichen course to secure his fourth career world cup victory.
It was his second triumph of the season after winning the Parallel Slalom on home snow in Munich in December.
Austria’s slalom points leader Marcel Hirscher missed out on his fifth slalom win in the opening six races by 0.21 seconds.
It didn’t stop the 23-year-old however extending his lead in the overall world cup standings to 188 points over Norway’s Aksel Lund Svindal.
Rounding off the podium in third place was Croatia’s Ivica Kostelic, a four times winner of the slalom in the Swiss resort.
The 2011 overall world cup champion was 0.25 seconds off the winners pace for his 12th podium in Wengen.
The men’s circus travels to Kitzbuehel next weekend for a Super-G, downhill, slalom and a super-combined.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Chomsky – a rebel with a cause | euronews, world news
- 3[LIVE] Germanwings passenger jet crashes in southern France, 148 people on board – authorities | euronews, world news
- 4Europe is ‘bluffing’ over Greece-Russia relations – analyst | euronews, news
- 5French Alps plane crash treated as suicide and mass murder by co-pilot | euronews, world news
- 6Why is Bulgaria the EU’s most unhappy country? | euronews, world news
- 7International news | euronews, latest international news
- 8Greece’s claim for war reparations from Germany explained | euronews, world news
- 9eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 10International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 11Former IMF chief ‘under investigation for money laundering’ | euronews, world news
- 12Pope Francis washes Rome prisoners’ feet on Holy Thursday | euronews, world news
- 13ECB chief Mario Draghi unhurt after protest during speech | euronews, world news
- 14Reaching new heights: Parents in India scale walls to ‘help students cheat’ | euronews, world news
- 15Germanwings press conference mystery: what wasn’t he supposed to say? | euronews, world news
- 16French prosecutor: Germanwings co-pilot appears to have crashed plane deliberately | euronews, world news
- 17European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 18Germany: Violence flares at anti-austerity protest against new ECB headquarters | euronews, world news
- 19[Live updates] France plane crash: damaged black box ‘can provide information’ | euronews, world news
- 20Fighting Boko Haram: Chad aims to ‘destroy’ militant group | euronews, world news
Wires > Sport
- 15:21 CET Roma’s Garcia fully focussed on Atalanta
- 14:31 CET F1 engine allowance to be discussed after Spain
- 14:23 CET Returning Hingis loses Fed Cup tie after courageous effort
- 13:57 CET Raikkonen’s Ferrari future depends on performance
- 12:56 CET Arteta confident of new Arsenal deal on return from injury
- 12:53 CET Gul to replace injured Adil in Pakistan ODI squad
- 12:20 CET Indonesia suspends local association, risks FIFA wrath
- 11:56 CET Aphibarnrat grabs Shenzhen lead despite late woes