Felix Neureuther wrapped up the weekend’s world cup action at the Swiss resort of Wengen on Sunday by winning the men’s slalom race.
The German was second after the first run but skied a near-perfect second leg down the
Männlichen course to secure his fourth career world cup victory.
It was his second triumph of the season after winning the Parallel Slalom on home snow in Munich in December.
Austria’s slalom points leader Marcel Hirscher missed out on his fifth slalom win in the opening six races by 0.21 seconds.
It didn’t stop the 23-year-old however extending his lead in the overall world cup standings to 188 points over Norway’s Aksel Lund Svindal.
Rounding off the podium in third place was Croatia’s Ivica Kostelic, a four times winner of the slalom in the Swiss resort.
The 2011 overall world cup champion was 0.25 seconds off the winners pace for his 12th podium in Wengen.
The men’s circus travels to Kitzbuehel next weekend for a Super-G, downhill, slalom and a super-combined.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russian rumour mill suggests Putin suffering poor health | euronews, world news
- 3Slovenia becomes 11th EU nation to approve gay marriage | euronews, world news
- 4[LIVE] Germanwings passenger jet crashes in southern France, 148 people on board – authorities | euronews, world news
- 5Exclusive: CIA and Mossad are behind Boko Haram and ISIL, says Sudan president | euronews, world news
- 6Indian rapist says women to blame for being sexually assaulted | euronews, world news
- 7International news | euronews, latest international news
- 8Why is Bulgaria the EU’s most unhappy country? | euronews, world news
- 9Greece’s claim for war reparations from Germany explained | euronews, world news
- 10French Alps plane crash treated as suicide and mass murder by co-pilot | euronews, world news
- 11Exclusive: Tsipras promises meritocracy, transparency for Greece, urges Europe to put people first | euronews, world news
- 12Reaching new heights: Parents in India scale walls to ‘help students cheat’ | euronews, world news
- 13Tens of thousands march in Moscow in memory of Boris Nemtsov | euronews, world news
- 14eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 15London calling: why home-loving Hungarians are flocking to British capital | euronews, reporter
- 16Handwriting and the digital age, time for change in schools? | euronews, learning world
- 17French prosecutor: Germanwings co-pilot appears to have crashed plane deliberately | euronews, world news
- 18Manufacturing jihad – Nicolas Hénin explains what he learned about ISIL | euronews, the global conversation
- 19Romania left red-faced after France-Germany map gaffe | euronews, world news
- 20International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
Wires > Sport
- 12:48 CET Stoner to enter Suzuka eight hours race
- 12:46 CET Ferrari stay cool in pursuit of Mercedes
- 12:15 CET Renault could quit F1 or buy Toro Rosso
- 12:14 CET Serbia can stop Ronaldo and Portugal, says Ivanovic
- 12:12 CET Liverpool’s Sturridge faces spell out with muscle tear
- 12:02 CET Lions bag another road win over struggling Reds
- 11:58 CET Manor thrilled to be back on track
- 11:20 CET Malaysian queries eligibility of new Filipino rival thrower