Felix Neureuther wrapped up the weekend’s world cup action at the Swiss resort of Wengen on Sunday by winning the men’s slalom race.
The German was second after the first run but skied a near-perfect second leg down the
Männlichen course to secure his fourth career world cup victory.
It was his second triumph of the season after winning the Parallel Slalom on home snow in Munich in December.
Austria’s slalom points leader Marcel Hirscher missed out on his fifth slalom win in the opening six races by 0.21 seconds.
It didn’t stop the 23-year-old however extending his lead in the overall world cup standings to 188 points over Norway’s Aksel Lund Svindal.
Rounding off the podium in third place was Croatia’s Ivica Kostelic, a four times winner of the slalom in the Swiss resort.
The 2011 overall world cup champion was 0.25 seconds off the winners pace for his 12th podium in Wengen.
The men’s circus travels to Kitzbuehel next weekend for a Super-G, downhill, slalom and a super-combined.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 6Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 7Latest News Bulletin
- 8Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 9Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 10Why World Elephant Day matters
- 11International news | euronews, latest international news
- 12UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 13Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 14ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 15Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 16Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 17Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 18As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
Wires > Sport
- 07:14 CET Tiny Cook Islands win another World Cup qualifier
- 07:12 CET Federer romps, Murray quiets Kyrgios
- 07:04 CET Durban confirmed as 2022 Commonwealth Games host
- 06:10 CET Composed Murray swats aside Kyrgios at US Open
- 05:37 CET Ebola, fire threaten to derail Commonwealth Youth Games
- 04:56 CET Australia coach backtracks in pay dispute row
- 04:25 CET Martin elected president of Commonwealth Games Federation
- 04:23 CET Wrestler Snuka charged with killing girlfriend in 1983