The Ukrainian chief prosecutor has accused former prime minister Yulia Tymoshenko of ordering the killing of a business rival 16 years ago.
Tymoshenko is already serving a seven-year sentence for abuse of office.
Her lawyers have called the latest accusation “absurd”.
- 1‘Tourists go home’ say Spanish locals in backlash to holiday boom
- 2Fears grow for missing Japanese boy left in woods as punishment
- 3Belgium facing more strike chaos
- 4EgyptAir crash: doomed plane’s distress signal ‘picked up by satellites’
- 5More transport chaos in France in standoff over labour reforms
Wires > News
- 19:32 CET After Brexit: Roadmap for a leap in the dark
- 19:23 CET U.S. warns of possible Europe attacks, no specific threat
- 19:17 CET U.N. food agency prepares for deeper humanitarian crisis as battle…
- 18:53 CET Death toll from Russian air strikes in Idlib climbs to 23-monitor
- 18:49 CET Kenyan president, rival meet after protests over vote body
- 18:44 CET Housing for refugees takes centre stage at Venice Architecture…
- 18:02 CET Israel’s settlement drive is becoming irreversible, diplomats fear
- 17:56 CET Paris plans to build migrant camp in north of city – mayor