The Ukrainian chief prosecutor has accused former prime minister Yulia Tymoshenko of ordering the killing of a business rival 16 years ago.
Tymoshenko is already serving a seven-year sentence for abuse of office.
Her lawyers have called the latest accusation “absurd”.
Latest world news
Labour election losses in Scotland deliver big blow to Corbyn
US House Speaker Paul Ryan ‘not ready’ to back Trump
Turkey: Davutoglu departure raises concerns over authoritarianism
Deadly flare-up in violence as Israel finds Gaza tunnel
Evacuations increase as wildfire spreads in Alberta, Canada
Wires > News
- 05:10 CET Exclusive – Top reason Americans will vote for Trump: ‘To stop…
- 04:06 CET Singapore, Australia to jointly develop military training areas
- 03:57 CET Air strikes hit camp in Syria, U.S. condemns Assad statement
- 02:13 CET Obama, Mexican president discuss immigration, anti-drugs fight -…
- 01:59 CET Philippine fishermen favour strong president to end China’s…
- 00:31 CET Trump says Britain would be better off without EU – Fox News
- 21:30 CET Depression reigns as EU presidents debate future of Europe
- 20:39 CET Ex-Venezuela parliament head sues News Corp over drug article