19/01/13 16:58 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Jan Matura has claimed his first ever podium finish and win on his 169th start at the Japanese resort of Sapporo.
The 32-year-old’s results have been steadily improving in recent meetings, he finished a season-best sixth last time out in Zakopane.
The Czech got off to a cracking start in Japan producing a first round jump of 132m for 128.7 points.
He went on to land a second jump of 135m to win with a total of 249.5 points.
In Second place was Tom Hilde who finished just 0.7 points behind him.
The Norwegian recorded much bigger jumps, of 136m and 139m, the biggest of the day, but his total was hampered by wind compensation.
Third place went to Robert Kranjec of Slovenia.
The 31-year-old posted the biggest leap of the first round but a poor second jump saw him slide back with 244.4 points overall.
- 1European Handball Championships: Germany to face Spain in final
- 2‘‘I was born to race’‘ – 15-time motorcycle world champion Giacomo Agostini
- 3Formula One: Renault present car and team for 2016
- 4Guardiola signs three-year contract to manage Manchester City
- 5American duo Cartica and Pizzi win 2016 World Marathon Challenge
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 4Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 5Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 6Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 7Turkey: Explosion hits Istanbul’s main tourist district
- 8Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
- 9Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 10Partnering to grow Europe
- 11Macedonian Postcards: The Mavrovo National Park
- 12Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 13Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 14Business news and finance news | euronews: international economic and finance news
- 15Brussels remains on high alert: ‘multiple operations underway’ across Belgium
- 16Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 17Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 18smart care - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 19latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 20Meet Bernie Sanders, the democratic socialist who wants to be US president
Wires > Sport
- 04:17 CET Lee grabs Phoenix Open lead, Mickelson five back
- 22:50 CET Liverpool collapse nothing to do with protest, says coach
- 21:20 CET Alli boxes clever and proves a knockout for soaring Spurs
- 20:42 CET Another home win for Saints despite Wanyama dismissal
- 20:32 CET Kerber leads German fightback, Russia in danger of going out
- 20:27 CET Isinbayeva’s comeback thwarted by injury
- 20:24 CET England begin Jones era with victory in Scotland
- 19:30 CET Vonn chalks up World Cup win number 76