Jan Matura has claimed his first ever podium finish and win on his 169th start at the Japanese resort of Sapporo.
The 32-year-old’s results have been steadily improving in recent meetings, he finished a season-best sixth last time out in Zakopane.
The Czech got off to a cracking start in Japan producing a first round jump of 132m for 128.7 points.
He went on to land a second jump of 135m to win with a total of 249.5 points.
In Second place was Tom Hilde who finished just 0.7 points behind him.
The Norwegian recorded much bigger jumps, of 136m and 139m, the biggest of the day, but his total was hampered by wind compensation.
Third place went to Robert Kranjec of Slovenia.
The 31-year-old posted the biggest leap of the first round but a poor second jump saw him slide back with 244.4 points overall.
Copyright © 2015 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 3Exclusive: CIA and Mossad are behind Boko Haram and ISIL, says Sudan president | euronews, world news
- 4European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 5English and Spanish among happiest languages | euronews, world news
- 6Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails? | euronews, world news
- 7Watch: Ukraine MPs in fierce fist fight outside parliament | euronews, world news
- 8Dramatic dashcam video captures Taiwan plane crash | euronews, world news
- 9International news | euronews, latest international news
- 10Data ‘mocks’ claims migrants try for Europe ‘expecting’ sea rescue | euronews, world news
- 11Kosovo emptying out, hopes for independent future exhausted | euronews, world news
- 12International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 13Live updates: follow the 2015 Oscars ceremony | euronews, world news
- 14New Greek government unveiled with radical economist named Finance Minister | euronews, world news
- 15euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 16Dark matter, dark energy: ESA and CERN set to unravel mysteries of the cosmos | euronews, space
- 17Barack Obama’s silly Buzzfeed video goes viral | euronews, world news
- 18Canada: Valentine’s Day mass shooting plot foiled say police | euronews, world news
- 19World news video | euronews the latest world news online | breaking world news video
- 20Implanted RFID chip controls office access for Stockholm workers | euronews, hi-tech
Wires > Sport
- 17:15 CET Martinez wants Everton to ‘enjoy’ league matches
- 16:25 CET Clarke misses cut as Coetsee grabs Jo’burg Open lead
- 16:21 CET Federer trounces teenager Coric in Dubai semi-finals
- 15:52 CET 2022 World Cup final no later than Dec. 18, says Blatter
- 15:50 CET City will have edge over fatigued Liverpool, says Pellegrini
- 15:48 CET England primed for Dublin ‘decider’
- 15:44 CET Chelsea made League Cup a serious competition – Mourinho
- 15:23 CET Lauda neutral on chances of German GP happening