Jan Matura has claimed his first ever podium finish and win on his 169th start at the Japanese resort of Sapporo.
The 32-year-old’s results have been steadily improving in recent meetings, he finished a season-best sixth last time out in Zakopane.
The Czech got off to a cracking start in Japan producing a first round jump of 132m for 128.7 points.
He went on to land a second jump of 135m to win with a total of 249.5 points.
In Second place was Tom Hilde who finished just 0.7 points behind him.
The Norwegian recorded much bigger jumps, of 136m and 139m, the biggest of the day, but his total was hampered by wind compensation.
Third place went to Robert Kranjec of Slovenia.
The 31-year-old posted the biggest leap of the first round but a poor second jump saw him slide back with 244.4 points overall.
- 1Mayweather and Pacquiao in Las Vegas ahead of Saturday’s multi-million dollar showdown
- 2Daniel Arnold scales Matterhorn in record time
- 3Belgian under-21 international Gregory Mertens fighting for his life after heart failure
- 4Robben ruled out of Bayern’s Champions League semi against Barca
- 5Smythe-Davis strikes gold at Zagreb Judo Grand Prix
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 2Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Chomsky – a rebel with a cause | euronews, world news
- 5Anti-ISIL demonstrations turn violent in Ethiopia | euronews, no comment
- 6It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 7Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different? | euronews, world news
- 8The migrants tragedy in the Mediterranean sparks creative satirical response | euronews, world news
- 9Europe is ‘bluffing’ over Greece-Russia relations – analyst | euronews, news
- 10Woman carries can of water on her head along Paris marathon | euronews, world news
- 11How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 12Former IMF chief ‘under investigation for money laundering’ | euronews, world news
- 13ECB chief Mario Draghi unhurt after protest during speech | euronews, world news
- 14Portuguese researchers discover the secret of Mind Control | euronews, futuris
- 15International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 16International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 17eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 18Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 19International news | euronews, latest international news
- 20Fighting Boko Haram: Chad aims to ‘destroy’ militant group | euronews, world news
Wires > Sport
- 03:06 CET Barca attack on fire, defence yet to dispel doubts
- 00:32 CET Journeyman Bingham hangs tough to land first world title
- 22:33 CET England lose another brick in wall as Trott quits
- 22:10 CET Abandoned Blackpool game will not be replayed
- 21:34 CET England’s Trott ends international career
- 21:34 CET Prince Ali says one FIFA challenger could be best
- 20:35 CET Allegri rejects suggestion that Juve have nothing to lose
- 19:59 CET Maradona says time has come for ‘anarchy’ at FIFA to end