Jan Matura has claimed his first ever podium finish and win on his 169th start at the Japanese resort of Sapporo.
The 32-year-old’s results have been steadily improving in recent meetings, he finished a season-best sixth last time out in Zakopane.
The Czech got off to a cracking start in Japan producing a first round jump of 132m for 128.7 points.
He went on to land a second jump of 135m to win with a total of 249.5 points.
In Second place was Tom Hilde who finished just 0.7 points behind him.
The Norwegian recorded much bigger jumps, of 136m and 139m, the biggest of the day, but his total was hampered by wind compensation.
Third place went to Robert Kranjec of Slovenia.
The 31-year-old posted the biggest leap of the first round but a poor second jump saw him slide back with 244.4 points overall.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 3[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 4Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 7Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 8Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 9Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 10NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 11Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 12‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 13Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria focus of EU cash fraud probes
- 14Interpol issues ‘red notice’ for accused ex-FIFA bosses
- 15Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 16Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 17Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 18Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 19Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 20Greek banks, stock exchange will not open on Monday, Tsipras announces
Wires > Sport
- 20:43 CET Inter sign Brazil defender Miranda from Atletico
- 20:30 CET Argentina odds-on favourites to lift Copa America
- 20:00 CET Uruguay’s Coates completes permanent Sunderland move
- 19:53 CET Swansea sign Portugal forward Eder
- 19:37 CET Gundogan extends Borussia Dortmund contract
- 19:31 CET Sweden’s Under-21s show there’ll be life after Zlatan
- 17:00 CET F1 fans want change without gimmicks, survey shows
- 16:41 CET Rashid, Finn in England squad for first Ashes test