19/01/13 16:58 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Jan Matura has claimed his first ever podium finish and win on his 169th start at the Japanese resort of Sapporo.
The 32-year-old’s results have been steadily improving in recent meetings, he finished a season-best sixth last time out in Zakopane.
The Czech got off to a cracking start in Japan producing a first round jump of 132m for 128.7 points.
He went on to land a second jump of 135m to win with a total of 249.5 points.
In Second place was Tom Hilde who finished just 0.7 points behind him.
The Norwegian recorded much bigger jumps, of 136m and 139m, the biggest of the day, but his total was hampered by wind compensation.
Third place went to Robert Kranjec of Slovenia.
The 31-year-old posted the biggest leap of the first round but a poor second jump saw him slide back with 244.4 points overall.
- 1‘‘Fast Forward’‘ – skiing short film with a downhill twist
- 2Shiffrin and Vonn wipe out as Gut seals Aspen giant slalom
- 3Klitschko and Fury warm up for title fight at Dusseldorf airport
- 4Clipper Round the World Yacht Race: LMAX wins stage three
- 5World fencing championships: Deriglazova and Ota strike maiden individual golds
- 1Britain’s Webb wins Antarctic Ice Marathon
- 2Champions League: Real Madrid hold off Shakhtar to win Group A
- 3Rio Olympics: hockey and badminton venues under the spotlight
- 4Embattled IAAF set to meet in Monte Carlo amid doping and corruption scandals
- 5Belgium prepare for first Davis Cup final in over a century
- 1Coordinated terror attacks leave dozens dead in Paris
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 31000-year-old Bible found in Turkey
- 4Bomb and several shootings in central Paris – reports of fatalities and injuries
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6world Weather | euronews: world ten day weather forecast
- 7Police hunting Paris attacks mastermind battle with suspects in heart of Paris
- 8European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 9latest sci-tech news : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 10New temporary spiritual leader of Muslim Brotherhood appointed
- 11Humans consume more than planet can produce on ‘Earth Overshoot Day’
- 12Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 13‘Anonymous’ hackers’ group declares ‘war’ on ISIL
- 14‘Maxed-out:’ Jordan’s King Abdullah II’s frank warning over Syria crisis
- 15International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 16Business news and finance news | euronews: international economic and finance news
- 17Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 18Iraq: deadly car bombs kill more than 60 in Baghdad
- 19Middle East - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 20No Comment | euronews: international news images without commentary
Wires > Sport
- 00:34 CET Shevchenko to join Ukraine coaching staff – report
- 22:09 CET Murray rises above the din as tempers fray
- 22:07 CET Bayern see slight dip in 2014/15 turnover, profits up
- 22:04 CET Ukraine get one-game stadium ban from UEFA for racism
- 21:58 CET We owe Beckenbauer a ‘hell of a lot’ – Bayern president
- 21:45 CET England win by three runs, claim T20 series v Pakistan
- 20:05 CET Barros Schelotto quits Lanus, joins departing Argentine coaches
- 19:25 CET Brazil’s Andrade Gutierrez to admit World Cup bribes – Folha paper