Boeing has halted deliveries of the 787 Dreamliner until regulators can ensure that its lithium ore batteries are completely safe.
An All Nippon Airways 787 was forced to make an emergency landing in western Japan this week when warning lights came on during a domestic flight.
Japanese and US aviation officials are investigating the badly damaged battery removed from the aircraft.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > News
- 02:17 CET Washington state teen shooter’s family living in ‘nightmare’
- 02:06 CET Tunisians vote for new parliament, hope for full democracy
- 23:59 CET Germany’s Merkel deals blow to UK on EU migration reform – Sunday…
- 23:00 CET Brazil’s election too close to call on eve of runoff
- 22:08 CET Egypt eyes legal restrictions, military measures after Sinai…
- 21:42 CET Ebola death toll tops 4,900 as virus spreads – WHO
- 21:36 CET Canadians flock to Parliament Hill, site of attack on soldier
- 21:24 CET Lebanon army fights gunmen in Tripoli, six soldiers killed