Boeing has halted deliveries of the 787 Dreamliner until regulators can ensure that its lithium ore batteries are completely safe.
An All Nippon Airways 787 was forced to make an emergency landing in western Japan this week when warning lights came on during a domestic flight.
Japanese and US aviation officials are investigating the badly damaged battery removed from the aircraft.
Wires > News
- 21:25 CET U.S. urges ASEAN unity on South China Sea ruling; warns China on…
- 21:15 CET Biden to meet Kurdish officials in unannounced visit to Erbil
- 20:18 CET Air strikes on Aleppo hospital kill doctors and children
- 19:56 CET Hundreds protest against student’s killing in Khartoum
- 19:49 CET U.S.-backed Syrian fighters battle insurgents north of Aleppo…
- 19:45 CET Police wounded, scores arrested in French labour law protests
- 19:34 CET Brazil prosecutors charge Rousseff campaign strategist
- 19:24 CET Mozambique boosts security in capital over demonstration fears