19/01/13 15:25 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Algerian special forces have killed 11 rebels in what is described as a final assault to retake the In Amenas gas facility.
The state news agency APS says seven foreign hostages have been killed by militants.
That brings to between 19 and 37 the number of hostages killed during the four-day stand-off.
The gas complex was seized by al-Qaeda linked gunmen on Wednesday.
Although hundreds of hostages were released, several people are still unaccounted for.
Wires > News
- 02:00 CET Singapore set to pick military helicopters as arms spending rises
- 01:31 CET Australia PM Turnbull confirms will call election for July 2
- 01:15 CET Brazil prosecutor asks Supreme Court to investigate Lula
- 00:01 CET Russia delays U.N. council condemnation of North Korea missile…
- 23:10 CET Islamic State kills U.S. Navy SEAL in northern Iraq
- 21:53 CET Proposed Irish government to prioritise spending over tax cuts -…
- 20:56 CET Liberian presidential candidate Weah’s lawyers to go to U.S. over…
- 20:30 CET EU executive to propose reforming asylum system