19/01/13 15:25 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Algerian special forces have killed 11 rebels in what is described as a final assault to retake the In Amenas gas facility.
The state news agency APS says seven foreign hostages have been killed by militants.
That brings to between 19 and 37 the number of hostages killed during the four-day stand-off.
The gas complex was seized by al-Qaeda linked gunmen on Wednesday.
Although hundreds of hostages were released, several people are still unaccounted for.
Wires > News
- 22:00 CET Ohio zoo defends shooting of gorilla after boy fell in enclosure
- 21:33 CET White House back to normal after partial lockdown – Secret Service
- 21:00 CET Brazil’s Temer pressed to drop anti-corruption minister
- 20:40 CET Outrage mounts over gorilla killing in boy’s rescue at Ohio zoo
- 20:20 CET Libyan oil guard says captures coastal town from Islamic State…
- 20:07 CET Drowned baby picture captures week of tragedy in Mediterranean
- 19:31 CET Japan puts military on alert for possible North Korea missile…
- 19:25 CET Chad’s ex-leader Habre, Cold War-era ally of West, gets life in…