18/01/13 05:35 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Lance Armstrong has admitted that he used an array performance enhancing drugs during his cycling career.
He used an interivew with chat show host Oprah Winfrey to finally come clean.
The discraced former sporting icon says he used banned substances including EPO, testosterone and human growth hormone during his career.
He won a record breaking seven Tour de France titles and was vocally critical about the use of drugs in sport.
He admitted to Winfrey that his confession has probably come too late.
The doping scandal has tarnished the Livestrong cancer research charity he founded after suffering from the disease.
Armstrong has been stripped of Tour de France titles and his Olympic medal.
- 1Incredible scenes in the Turkish parliament
- 2Denmark extends controls on German border, EU set to allow more Schengen exceptions
- 3Three Earth-like planets found outside the Solar System
- 4Palestinians condemn Eurovision Song Contest for flag ban
- 5Rebels launch surprise attack on Aleppo – Syrian state TV
Latest world news
Kasich crashes out of race leaving Trump unchallenged for Republican nomination
Israeli authorities discuss a halt on returning attackers’ bodies
Europe responds to Syria’s spiralling crisis
Several trapped, 1 dead, in eastern Ukraine mine blast
Russia boosts western border defence with new divisions
Wires > News
- 18:55 CET U.S., allies to do more to combat Islamic State – Carter
- 18:52 CET ‘Nasty’ wildfire spurs evacuation of 88,000 in Canadian city
- 18:43 CET NATO approves Israeli representation to its headquarters
- 18:38 CET U.S. Navy SEAL killed in Iraq was part of ‘quick reaction force’
- 18:36 CET Russia’s FSB says arrests group planning attack in Moscow region -…
- 18:29 CET Syria withholds aid to thousands, risks new siege in Aleppo – U.N.
- 17:33 CET Russia warns of retaliation if NATO makes more deployments in…
- 17:25 CET Al Qaeda in Yemen poses growing threat to shipping – naval force