Lance Armstrong has admitted that he used an array performance enhancing drugs during his cycling career.
He used an interivew with chat show host Oprah Winfrey to finally come clean.
The discraced former sporting icon says he used banned substances including EPO, testosterone and human growth hormone during his career.
He won a record breaking seven Tour de France titles and was vocally critical about the use of drugs in sport.
He admitted to Winfrey that his confession has probably come too late.
The doping scandal has tarnished the Livestrong cancer research charity he founded after suffering from the disease.
Armstrong has been stripped of Tour de France titles and his Olympic medal.
- 1Greek PM suggests party referendum to overcome split in Syriza
- 2Russia vetoes UN resolution to try suspects in MH17 crash in Ukraine
- 3What’s gone wrong with Rome?
- 4MH370: wreckage found on island ‘almost certainly’ from Boeing 777
- 5Missing MH370 flight : Plane wreckage washed up on Reunion Island is tested
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 8Latest News Bulletin
- 9French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 10Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 11Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 14Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 15‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 16At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 17Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 18Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 19Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 20Tsipras says if Greeks approve the EU’s aid plan, Syriza will resign
Latest world news
US investigates dentist over killing of Cecil the Lion
At least 20 pilgrims dead after truck crashes into crowd in Mexico
Greenpeace protest halts icebreaker in Oregon
Chinese artist and activist denied six-month visa to Britain
Myanmar: Over 7,000 prisoners released in mass pardon
Wires > News
- 09:04 CET Philippines’ Aquino endorses interior minister as successor
- 08:53 CET Return of Thai protest leader raises fears for fragile calm
- 08:38 CET Myanmar president not ruling out second term
- 08:36 CET Palestinian toddler killed in suspected Jewish extremist attack
- 06:03 CET Killing of Cecil the lion triggers probe by U.S. agency – source
- 06:00 CET Chinese professor accused of spying by U.S. released on bail
- 05:41 CET Plane debris on remote island points to breakthrough in MH370…
- 03:35 CET Taiwan students storm education ministry compound in textbook…