Lance Armstrong has admitted that he used an array performance enhancing drugs during his cycling career.
He used an interivew with chat show host Oprah Winfrey to finally come clean.
The discraced former sporting icon says he used banned substances including EPO, testosterone and human growth hormone during his career.
He won a record breaking seven Tour de France titles and was vocally critical about the use of drugs in sport.
He admitted to Winfrey that his confession has probably come too late.
The doping scandal has tarnished the Livestrong cancer research charity he founded after suffering from the disease.
Armstrong has been stripped of Tour de France titles and his Olympic medal.
- 1Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 2Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Nepal: ‘equally big earthquakes coming in eastern regions,’ expert tells euronews | euronews, world news
- 5It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 6How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 7Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different? | euronews, world news
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9Exclusive: unrest in FYR Macedonia could hit other Balkan countries warns Serbian PM | euronews, world news
- 10International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 11Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 12Juncker to Hungarian PM Orban: “Hello, Dictator!”
- 13Portuguese language reform law goes global | euronews, world news
- 14EU membership remains Serbia’s priority, says PM Aleksandar Vucic | euronews, the global conversation
- 15Watch: France’s Jean-Marie Le Pen clashes with UKIP MEP Woolfe | euronews, world news
- 16Spain: the viral soldiers fighting in Madrid and Barcelona mayoral races | euronews, world news
- 17How young translators are helping knit European culture together | euronews, generation y
- 18Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 19We will not be moved! China’s urban spread resistance [PHOTOS]
- 20How World War II shaped modern Poland | euronews, world news
Wires > News
- 17:33 CET Egyptian court acquits 17 charged for protest at which activist…
- 17:29 CET Irish voters back gay marriage in ‘social revolution’
- 17:27 CET Dozens killed in al Shabaab fighting in Somalia, attack in capital
- 16:22 CET Northern rebels say captured 19 Mali soldiers
- 16:00 CET As tensions ease, Cyprus leaders enjoy coffee and cake in capital
- 15:05 CET Slovak PM launches re-election drive with tax cuts, wage hikes
- 14:54 CET Germany declines comment on reported ‘deep freeze’ with …
- 13:18 CET Russia to adopt tough position if Ukraine defaults – PM Medvedev