There is more bad news for Boeing after the news that its entire fleet of 787s will be temporarily grounded.
The US Federal Aviation Administration took the decision after a second incident involving battery failures led to an emergency landing in Japan.
“I think we have now crossed past the threshold of just teething pains to an area of real concern. It is a tough story for Boeing and they have got their work cut out for them to get investor confidence back into the name.” said Carter Leake, an analyst with BB/T Capital Market.
What is bad news for Boeing could be good news for Airbus, however. The Dreamliner’s problems could sharpen competition between Boeing and its European rival whose own sales dipped after problems with wing cracks on its A380 superjumbo a year ago.
The A380 crisis has since eased and most airlines report the aircraft are flying full.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 3[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 4Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 6Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 7Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 8NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 9Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 10‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 11Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria focus of EU cash fraud probes
- 12Interpol issues ‘red notice’ for accused ex-FIFA bosses
- 13Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 14Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 15Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 16Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 17Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 18Hungary: billboard war sparks international concern
- 19Latest News Bulletin
- 20[Latest] AKP loses its majority as Kurdish party enter Turkish Parliament
Wires > News
- 00:54 CET Burundi votes in boycott-hit poll; blasts, gunfire heard
- 00:34 CET U.S. spy agency wiretapped two French finance ministers – Wikileaks
- 00:33 CET Car bomb in Yemeni capital hits mourners, dozens wounded
- 23:59 CET Insight – France bets on Arab Sunni states as Iran nuclear deal…
- 23:54 CET Yemeni forces launch Scud missile at Saudi Arabia – Yemen military…
- 23:42 CET ICC prosecutor pleads for U.N. Security Council to act on Darfur…
- 23:22 CET Four Israelis wounded in suspected Palestinian West Bank shooting
- 21:49 CET Israel blocks foreign activist flotilla from reaching Gaza