There is more bad news for Boeing after the news that its entire fleet of 787s will be temporarily grounded.
The US Federal Aviation Administration took the decision after a second incident involving battery failures led to an emergency landing in Japan.
“I think we have now crossed past the threshold of just teething pains to an area of real concern. It is a tough story for Boeing and they have got their work cut out for them to get investor confidence back into the name.” said Carter Leake, an analyst with BB/T Capital Market.
What is bad news for Boeing could be good news for Airbus, however. The Dreamliner’s problems could sharpen competition between Boeing and its European rival whose own sales dipped after problems with wing cracks on its A380 superjumbo a year ago.
The A380 crisis has since eased and most airlines report the aircraft are flying full.
- 1Leaders ‘influenced Putin’ over Savchenko release, say Ukraine pilot’s lawyers
- 2Groundbreaking study sheds light on Neanderthal life
- 3Emergency response: inside Ecuador’s disaster zones
- 4The nuclear waste site at the heart of Canada’s wildfires
- 5Third night of riots rock Barcelona’s Gràcia district
- 1Groundbreaking study sheds light on Neanderthal life
- 2Germany: #Cutesolidarity response to Kinder chocolate controversy
- 3In the EU ‘one in three deaths of under-75s is avoidable,’ says Eurostat
- 4Germany’s carrot and stick approach to refugee integration
- 5Hero’s welcome for Ukraine pilot Nadiya Savchenko after Russia prisoner swap
Latest world news
New video footage: overcrowded migrant boat capsizing
Greek police clear Idomeni camp
Faster internet speeds for Europe from Microsoft and Facebook
Russia says Savchenko exchange deal was not linked to Minsk accords
Donald Trump wins enough delegates to clinch Republican nomination
Wires > News
- 06:16 CET Korean Air evacuates plane at Japan’s Haneda airport after engine…
- 05:43 CET “Barking mad” Trump looms over Australian election campaign
- 05:41 CET G7 vows growth, fudges FX, frets North Korea, Russia, China
- 04:44 CET Six Malaysians, eight Chinese arrested in A$200 million Australian…
- 04:37 CET Japan to cut emphasis on nuclear in next energy plan – sources
- 04:36 CET Thai queen undergoes medical tests, palace says in rare statement
- 04:12 CET After sea spat, China pledges deeper defence ties with Indonesia
- 04:08 CET El Salvador Congress approves $152 million bond issue to tackle…