British Prime Minister David Cameron has again had to postpone a major speech on Europe, his timetable being derailed by events in Algeria.
The speech had been flagged as outlining what powers London wanted to claw back from Brussels. Instead Cameron has a crisis to manage.
“It is a very dangerous, a very uncertain, a very fluid situation and I think we have to prepare ourselves for the possibility of bad news ahead. Cobra officials here are working around the clock to do everything we can to keep in contact with the families to build a full as possible picture of the information and the inteligence that we have,” he said in London.
Cameron had been due to give his much-awaited speech in Amsterdam after initially promoting it last autumn, but has had to repeatedly delay it to avoid clashing with other political events.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1West Africa: Doctors fight to contain Ebola outbreak
- 2Venezuela: tear gas, rubber bullets fired at protesters
- 3Kyiv ultimatum to pro-Russian militia to disarm expires
- 4Australia avoids worst of Cyclone Ita but stormy weather still expected
- 5Ukraine as it happened: Kyiv calls for UN peacekeepers as pro-Russians approach Putin
- 1Missing flight MH370: ‘most promising lead’ yet as search crews detect two signal pings
- 2Official ‘executed by flame-thrower’ over links to Kim Jong-un’s purged uncle
- 3Watch April 15 total lunar eclipse live online
- 4West Africa: Doctors fight to contain Ebola outbreak
- 5Venezuela: tear gas, rubber bullets fired at protesters
Wires > News
- 05:59 CET Scores rescued from sinking South Korean ferry, two dead -…
- 05:42 CET China stresses need for stability at first meeting of new security…
- 05:21 CET Australian state premier resigns over A$3,000 bottle of wine gift
- 04:05 CET Recovery effort underway after two die in Australia coal mine
- 02:09 CET Iran’s Zarif not worried about pushback from hardliners on nuclear…
- 01:35 CET Thousands flee gun battle as Chad withdraw from Central African…
- 01:06 CET U.S., China in ‘productive’ talks after North Korea test threat
- 23:40 CET Bombs wound three policemen in Cairo