Mr Governor, Mr Terminator, Mr Universe, Mr Schwarzenegger is back on the silver screen in the “The Last Stand.”
Arnie plays a retired police officer determined to prevent a drug-cartel boss passing through his town to get across the Mexican border.
The actor says it is not his first role since his return:
“It is a comeback as a starring role, I did “The Expendables,” that was kind of a warm-up. The difference is of course that in “The Expendables” you’d be with ten or twelve of the toughest guys in movies so the responsibility is kind of spread out. “The Last Stand” is my first starring role.”
The 65-year-old believes he is now a far better actor:
“ I feel that I have a bigger range acting-wise. It could be because of the age, it could be because of the experience that I have had now as governor, the kind of things that you go through the kind of things you see first-hand, that you normally don’t see.”
Following the recent spate of mass shooting in the states, film violence is coming under scrutiny:
“I personally think that this is entertainment and the other thing is serious real-life tragedy and I think that we kind of continue doing our entertainment and that’s what we are doing, it’s our profession,but at the same time we all have a responsibility in order to improve the situation to reduce somewhat the violence, the crazy shootings and deaths.”
“The Last Stand” goes on global release in late January.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 4NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 5Latest News Bulletin
- 6At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 7Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 10Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 11[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 12Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 13International news | euronews, latest international news
- 14Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 15Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 16Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 17What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 18[Live] Catalonia: separatists heading for clear win in crucial elections
- 19Israel agents ‘incite’ stone-throwing in West Bank
- 20Fifa suspends Blatter, Platini and Valcke