A helicopter has crashed into a south London street. Police have confirmed two people have died at the scene and two others have been taken to hospital.
It’s understood there was one pilot on board when the helicopter hit a crane working on a high rise building and fell to the ground.
The crash happened near the Vauxhall train and underground station – a major focal point for commuters – at peak time. One eye witness said the helicopter plummeted to the ground while others said they saw the wreckage of two cars on the street.
London Fire Brigade said more than 60 firefighters were at the scene. They are also dealing with a crane which has been reported to be in a precarious position. Police have ruled out a terrorism link to the crash.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1International investigators reach MH17 crash site in Ukraine
- 2Ukrainian prime minister’s triumphant speech after resignation rejected
- 3#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 4Edward Snowden: after one year in Russia, what now for the NSA whistleblower?
- 5Rosetta the comet hunter arrives at its target
- 1#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 2Eastern Ukrainians ‘hate Russian-led guerrillas’ — Arseniy Yatsenyuk
- 3Caught on camera – children drugged and beaten in Romanian kindergarten
- 4Ukraine: ‘Disappointment’ at Yatsenyuk resignation
- 5Fears over spread of Ebola as more tragedies emerge
Wires > News
- 11:15 CET Kremlin critic Navalny’s aides say Russian prosecutor wants him…
- 10:54 CET Pakistan widows, ‘second’ wives flee fighting but are denied aid
- 10:38 CET Insight – Town vs town, faction vs faction as Libya descends into…
- 09:48 CET Greece evacuates embassy staff, foreign nationals from Libya
- 09:46 CET PR firm Edelman says its China chief is missing amid unspecified…
- 09:20 CET Japan offers vessels to Vietnam to boost its sea strength
- 09:12 CET Algerian capital hit by 5.5 quake, no reports of damage
- 09:07 CET Gas blast in Taiwan kills 25, injures 267, topples buildings