UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon has condemned an attack at Aleppo University and warned that the deliberate targeting of civilians is a war crime.
At least 87 people were killed by two large explosions on Tuesday.
The Syrian government and the opposition blamed each other for the attack.
On Wednesday state TV announced that Syria and Iran have agreed a credit facility between Commercial Bank of Syria and Export Development bank of Iran, worth a billion US dollars (750 million euros).
It also said the two countries had reached agreements on energy transmission and electricity equipment.
As news of the deal came out amateur footage uploaded on social networking sites purported to show heavy aerial bombardment across the country.
In one clip, said to have been filmed in the Daraya district of Damascus, a plane can be heard flying overhead shortly before a bombed building is shown and thick plumes of smoke fill the air.
Two more videos said to have been filmed in the Al Houla area of Homs purported to show the aftermath of heavy shelling.
The UN estimates that more than 60,000 people have been killed in the 22-month-old conflict.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1International investigators reach MH17 crash site in Ukraine
- 2Ukrainian prime minister’s triumphant speech after resignation rejected
- 3Deadly attack on Ukraine troops near Malaysia Airlines crash site
- 4Edward Snowden: after one year in Russia, what now for the NSA whistleblower?
- 5Rosetta the comet hunter arrives at its target
- 1#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 2Eastern Ukrainians ‘hate Russian-led guerrillas’ — Arseniy Yatsenyuk
- 3Caught on camera – children drugged and beaten in Romanian kindergarten
- 4Ukraine: ‘Disappointment’ at Yatsenyuk resignation
- 5Fears over spread of Ebola as more tragedies emerge
Wires > News
- 15:29 CET Somali lawmaker killed in Mogadishu, fifth since April
- 15:13 CET Myanmar military releases 91 child soldiers
- 14:52 CET India’s Congress slams book challenging party chief Sonia Gandhi
- 14:49 CET Exclusive: China’s Xi likely to promote army general who exposed…
- 13:42 CET Ugandan constitutional court strikes down anti-homosexuality law
- 13:36 CET Court rejects request to arrest Kremlin critic Navalny
- 12:51 CET Pakistan widows, ‘second’ wives flee fighting but are denied aid
- 12:47 CET Islamic State imposes media controls in Syrian province