16/01/13 22:54 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon has condemned an attack at Aleppo University and warned that the deliberate targeting of civilians is a war crime.
At least 87 people were killed by two large explosions on Tuesday.
The Syrian government and the opposition blamed each other for the attack.
On Wednesday state TV announced that Syria and Iran have agreed a credit facility between Commercial Bank of Syria and Export Development bank of Iran, worth a billion US dollars (750 million euros).
It also said the two countries had reached agreements on energy transmission and electricity equipment.
As news of the deal came out amateur footage uploaded on social networking sites purported to show heavy aerial bombardment across the country.
In one clip, said to have been filmed in the Daraya district of Damascus, a plane can be heard flying overhead shortly before a bombed building is shown and thick plumes of smoke fill the air.
Two more videos said to have been filmed in the Al Houla area of Homs purported to show the aftermath of heavy shelling.
The UN estimates that more than 60,000 people have been killed in the 22-month-old conflict.
- 1Dozens are killed and wounded in multiple suicide bomb attacks on Istanbul’s Ataturk airport
- 2Italian actor Bud Spencer dies at 86
- 3Suspected ISIL bombers kill 36 and wound dozens at Istanbul airport
- 4Terror in Turkey: attack at Ataturk airport leaves 41 dead and scores injured
- 5Feisty Farage tells MEPs ‘You’re not laughing now’
Wires > News
- 00:53 CET Obama administration calls on private sector to assist refugees
- 00:49 CET Woman dies, children hurt in Bahrain bomb blast – police
- 23:38 CET Trump raises questions about Bill Clinton meeting amid probe
- 23:10 CET U.S., Russia discuss Syria cooperation if Assad halts some strikes
- 22:35 CET U.S.-backed rebel group vows new attacks against IS after border…
- 22:10 CET U.S. lawmakers push for action on human rights in Bahrain
- 21:59 CET Saudi Arabia ‘alarmed and outraged’ by rights groups’ criticism
- 21:47 CET Argentina, Peru seek closer energy ties with Chile