Facebook has launched its own search tool.
Users of the world’s biggest social network will be soon able to trawl content shared among friends – providing a database of recommendations for everything from jobs to restaurant reviews.
Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg said the new system, known as “Graph Search”, is restricted to Facebook content.
Graph search could increase competition with review websites like Yelp and Google Inc, according to experts.
The name comes from Facebook’s growing content, data and membership, which it refers to as the “social graph”.
The function is currently only available on a trial basis for a few hundred thousand of the network’s one billion plus users.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1TransAsia Airways plane crashes on landing in Taiwan, killing dozens
- 2#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 3Moscow claims Ukrainian jet flew close to Malaysian airliner
- 4Official photos capture Prince George’s first birthday
- 5First of flight MH17 victims’ remains arrive in the Netherlands
- 1Moscow claims Ukrainian jet flew close to Malaysian airliner
- 2MH17 flight recorders are handed over by Ukrainian rebels
- 3Demonstrations in Israeli cities over Gaza conflict
- 4EU foreign ministers expected to discuss further sanctions on Russia
- 5Israeli air strikes continue as death toll in Gaza conflict escalates
- 1298 killed as Malaysia Airlines passenger jet shot down over Ukraine
- 2[LIVE UPDATE] Malaysia Airlines MH17: Dutch forensic team arrives at crash site
- 3‘Lonely and alienated’ Oscar Pistorius involved in nightclub scuffle
- 4Researchers reach mysterious giant crater in Siberia
- 5Ukraine: Black boxes recovered from downed Malaysian airliner
Wires > News
- 19:54 CET Bombs in Nigeria’s Kaduna kill 82, ex-leader Buhari targeted
- 19:28 CET Bulgaria’s prime minister resigns with bank crisis unresolved
- 18:12 CET Lebanese soldier defects to al Qaeda in Syria – video
- 17:42 CET Yemen president says Houthis agree to return town to state control
- 17:38 CET Seleka to sign ceasefire, drops call for Central African Republic…
- 17:10 CET TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47
- 17:05 CET Islamists gun down Somali protest singer-turned-lawmaker
- 16:59 CET Second bomb in Nigeria’s Kaduna kills 50 – Red Cross worker