Facebook has launched its own search tool.
Users of the world’s biggest social network will be soon able to trawl content shared among friends – providing a database of recommendations for everything from jobs to restaurant reviews.
Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg said the new system, known as “Graph Search”, is restricted to Facebook content.
Graph search could increase competition with review websites like Yelp and Google Inc, according to experts.
The name comes from Facebook’s growing content, data and membership, which it refers to as the “social graph”.
The function is currently only available on a trial basis for a few hundred thousand of the network’s one billion plus users.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Putin takes control of Russia’s defence industries and calls for new weapons
- 2Iceland puts on a show as two of its volcanoes spew out lava
- 3Russia: new EU sanctions look ‘strange’ says Putin
- 4Iceland’s latest volcano eruption worsens
- 5Young American sentenced to six-years hard labour in North Korea
- 1Podemos: Spanish indignation in Brussels’ corridors of power | euronews, reporter
- 2Israel announces it will seize 400 acres in West Bank | euronews, world news
- 3Japan sounds bluefin warning, calls for 50% catch cut | euronews, world news
- 4Hoverbike on the horizon | euronews, hi-tech
- 5China executes eight Muslims convicted of terrorism | euronews, world news
- 63D printing: a driving force in design and engineering | euronews, hi-tech
- 7Ukraine accuses Russian aid convoy of stealing factory equipment | euronews, world news
- 8Young Yazidi girl escapes Islamic State kidnappers | euronews, world news
- 9#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians | euronews, world news
- 10New car offers freedom for disabled drivers | euronews, hi-tech
- 11EU leaders name Donald Tusk European Council president | euronews, world news
- 12Everything you need to know about the Ebola virus | euronews, world news
- 13Turkish ferry makes high-speed final landing | euronews, no comment
- 14Risk of fresh ash cloud threatens European air travel | euronews, world news
- 15Canada sends hilarious barb to Russia over Ukraine ‘incursions’ | euronews, world news
- 16The business benefits of EU chemical regulation | euronews, business planet
- 17Iceland warns Europe’s airlines of possible volcanic eruption | euronews, world news
- 18Thousands of Catalans call for choice on split from Spain | euronews, world news
- 19Iceland puts on a show as two of its volcanoes spew out lava | euronews, world news
- 20Marine Le Pen criticises France’s decision to halt Mistral warship sale to Russia | euronews, world news
Wires > News
- 11:14 CET Balkans hit by fresh flooding; three dead
- 11:11 CET Japan, China, South Korea finance chiefs to meet on sidelines of…
- 11:01 CET Vietnam urged to tackle ‘alarming’ rate of police abuse
- 10:59 CET Syrian war plane crashes near Islamic State-held city – resident
- 10:53 CET India says to defend China border after standoff ahead of Xi visit
- 10:50 CET Nigeria sentences 12 soldiers to death for mutiny in northeast
- 10:47 CET Islamic State supporter warns of attacks against U.S. – SITE
- 09:57 CET Protesters back El Salvador for denying gold mining permit