A suicide bomber has attacked the Kurdish party office in Iraq’s disputed city of Kirkuk, killing at least 15 people.
The attack came as Iraq’s Shi’ite Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki is locked in a feud with ethnic Kurds in the north over disputed oilfields.
The blast outside the offices of the Kurdistan Democratic Party caused widespread damage and chaos.
Another three people died and 37 more were wounded in a separate bombing outside a rival Kurdish political party office in Tuz Khurmato, 170 km north of the capital.
- 1Saakashvili warns of Odessa region’s importance to Ukraine
- 2Greece: with referendum looming ‘Yes’ vote ahead, opinion poll suggests
- 3Finland tops European countries in latest happiness survey
- 4Thousands rally in France in support of Greek “no” vote
- 5Tsipras: ‘no’ vote will mean a better deal with lenders
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 3Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 4[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 7Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 8[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 9Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 10Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 11‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 12Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria focus of EU cash fraud probes
- 13NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 14Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 15Interpol issues ‘red notice’ for accused ex-FIFA bosses
- 16Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 17Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 18Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 19Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 20Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
Wires > News
- 21:57 CET Gunfire heard on outskirts of Nigerian city of Maiduguri
- 21:30 CET U.N. offers help on simmering Guyana-Venezuela territorial dispute
- 21:27 CET Islamic State’s Egypt affiliate says it fired rockets at Israel -…
- 21:14 CET Colombia’s ELN rebels likely behind Bogota blasts – president
- 20:28 CET Ecuador, first stop on Pope tour, highlights environment…
- 19:49 CET Boko Haram steps up attacks in northeast Nigeria
- 19:19 CET Tunisian militant chief probably died in U.S. air strike – source
- 19:08 CET After Tunisia attack, sun-seekers switch to Spain, Bulgaria and…