In the world of film, grabbing attention is important but the competition is intense. Just how do you get the attention of the world’s film fans, let alone Hollywood A-listers? What about a robotic reporter? A fully programmable state-of-the-art humanoid robot? One film website in Germany (flimmer.de) thought it was a good idea. Please welcome RoboThespian, otherwise known as Roli.
Christopher Zwickler, film producer and the manager of Flimmer, explained: “Berlin is the capital of premieres, a lot is happening here. We are very close to the action. We were asking ourselves how we could report from all these premieres? Are we just going to be the 35th camera team on the red carpet or can we do something else?”
Roli started work at the premiere of “Schlussmacher”, a new German comedy, by interviewing Matthias Schweighöfer, the director, producer and lead actor in the film. He then went on to make polite chit-chat with pop band Blue.
For more information about “Schlussmacher” see
- 114-year old model reignites underage catwalk controversy
- 2Into the sea: Monaco rules the waves with ambitious land extension project
- 3Cirque du Soleil celebrates the strength of women in Amaluna
- 4Russians “were offered an enemy” says Metro 2033 author Dmitry Glukhovsky
- 5150 years on, Alice in Wonderland inspires body art
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 3Latest News Bulletin
- 4At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 5Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 6[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 7International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 8Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 9International news | euronews, latest international news
- 10Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 11Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 12Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 13Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 14Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 15Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job
- 16Israel agents ‘incite’ stone-throwing in West Bank
- 17Hungary’s army can shoot rubber bullets and tear gas at refugees
- 18Fifa suspends Blatter, Platini and Valcke
- 19Catalan president Artur Mas charged with organising illegal independence referendum
- 20[Live] Catalonia: separatists heading for clear win in crucial elections