Israeli soldiers have shot dead a Palestinian teenager near Ramallah in the West Bank.
Samir Awad, who was 17, is said to be the fourth Palestinian to be killed by the Israeli military in a week.
He was hit as troops opened fire on protesters near a barrier Israel has built to keep out suicide bombers.
Palestinian sources said he was shot at least three times after students, on the last day of exams, threw stones at the soldiers.
The Israeli army said he was one of several Palestinians who had tried to damage the barrier to enter Israel illegally, that soldiers replied immediately and live fire was used.
An investigation has been ordered, according to the military.
Separately, the funeral has been held in Gaza of a young Palestinian man reportedly shot in the head near the Israeli border.
Palestinian sources say Mustafa Abu Jarad was a farmer tending his crops.
Israel has denied involvement.
Wires > News
- 05:54 CET New photo of Japanese hostage appears with message pleading for…
- 02:50 CET Syrian opposition negotiator quits after peace talks’ failure
- 22:25 CET Killing of gorilla to save boy at Ohio zoo sparks outrage
- 21:30 CET Rubio warms to Trump, but won’t be his vice president
- 21:25 CET Jordan’s King Abdullah dissolves parliament, names caretaker PM
- 20:43 CET Brother of man killed in U.S. strike on Taliban chief files police…
- 19:09 CET U.N. concerned about rising political tensions in Cambodia
- 19:03 CET Five U.N. soldiers killed in central Mali attack