Israeli soldiers have shot dead a Palestinian teenager near Ramallah in the West Bank.
Samir Awad, who was 17, is said to be the fourth Palestinian to be killed by the Israeli military in a week.
He was hit as troops opened fire on protesters near a barrier Israel has built to keep out suicide bombers.
Palestinian sources said he was shot at least three times after students, on the last day of exams, threw stones at the soldiers.
The Israeli army said he was one of several Palestinians who had tried to damage the barrier to enter Israel illegally, that soldiers replied immediately and live fire was used.
An investigation has been ordered, according to the military.
Separately, the funeral has been held in Gaza of a young Palestinian man reportedly shot in the head near the Israeli border.
Palestinian sources say Mustafa Abu Jarad was a farmer tending his crops.
Israel has denied involvement.
- 1Women ‘tortured and murdered’ in German ‘House of Horrors’
- 2Incredible scenes in the Turkish parliament
- 3Donald Trump is set to be the Republican US presidential candidate
- 4Migrants in Idomeni react angrily to idea of visa-free Schengen travel for Turkey
- 5Andy Murray joins Federer in not staying at Rio Olympic Village
- 1Incredible scenes in the Turkish parliament
- 2Denmark extends controls on German border, EU set to allow more Schengen exceptions
- 3Three Earth-like planets found outside the Solar System
- 4Palestinians condemn Eurovision Song Contest for flag ban
- 5Rebels launch surprise attack on Aleppo – Syrian state TV
Latest world news
Political turmoil on the horizon in Turkey?
Donald Trump is set to be the Republican US presidential candidate
Syrian army announces 48-hour ‘regime of calm’ in Aleppo
Fires threaten to engulf Canadian city
Migrants in Idomeni react angrily to idea of visa-free Schengen travel for Turkey
Wires > News
- 22:50 CET Turkish ruling party preparing to replace PM Davutoglu – officials
- 21:09 CET Merkel says working for U.S.-EU trade deal this year
- 21:06 CET ‘Three Amigos’ Obama, Trudeau, Pena Nieto to meet June 29
- 19:14 CET Russia arrests groups for planning attacks in Moscow region -…
- 18:55 CET U.S., allies to do more to combat Islamic State – Carter
- 18:52 CET ‘Nasty’ wildfire spurs evacuation of 88,000 in Canadian city
- 18:43 CET NATO approves Israeli representation to its headquarters
- 18:38 CET U.S. Navy SEAL killed in Iraq was part of ‘quick reaction force’