If football is a religion for many of its fans, for some of those studying in the seminaries of Vatican City, religion is also football.
The Clericus Cup is an annual five-a-side tournament involving seminarians and priests in the Catholic Church’s equivalent of the Champions League.
The tournament is hotly contested with 16 teams and more than 70 different countries represented.
Organised into a series of league and play-off games, the Cup sees teams take on each other in highly competitive yet good-natured and brotherly games of football until one of them is eventually crowned champion.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 8Latest News Bulletin
- 9French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 10Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 11Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 14Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 15‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 16At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 17Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 18Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 19Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 20Tsipras says if Greeks approve the EU’s aid plan, Syriza will resign
Wires > Sport
- 01:08 CET Beijing awarded 2022 Winter Olympics
- 00:40 CET Brazil midfielder Fred tests positive for banned substance
- 23:52 CET Wie drops out as Pettersen sets pace at windy Turnberry
- 23:31 CET Mets land Cuban slugger Cespedes at trade deadline
- 23:10 CET Argentine exec in FIFA case pleads not guilty to U.S. charges
- 19:40 CET West Ham forward Valencia sustains ‘significant’ injury
- 19:28 CET Lambert leaves Liverpool to join West Brom
- 18:17 CET Bell steers England to victory, hosts take 2-1 Ashes lead