If football is a religion for many of its fans, for some of those studying in the seminaries of Vatican City, religion is also football.
The Clericus Cup is an annual five-a-side tournament involving seminarians and priests in the Catholic Church’s equivalent of the Champions League.
The tournament is hotly contested with 16 teams and more than 70 different countries represented.
Organised into a series of league and play-off games, the Cup sees teams take on each other in highly competitive yet good-natured and brotherly games of football until one of them is eventually crowned champion.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 3Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 4[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 7Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 8[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 9Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 10Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 11‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 12NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 13Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 14Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 15Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 16Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 17Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 18Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
- 19Hungary: billboard war sparks international concern
- 20[Latest] AKP loses its majority as Kurdish party enter Turkish Parliament
Wires > Sport
- 04:23 CET One to 39, Highlanders success built on strong squad culture
- 03:39 CET Powell wins in Paris with his fastest 100 in four years
- 02:56 CET Cheeky Sanchez penalty clinches Chile’s first Copa
- 02:07 CET Japan finds new motivation for World Cup final
- 02:03 CET Williams penalty gives England third place
- 23:20 CET Clarke hails Harris as one of the best
- 21:59 CET Lauda swapped trophies for free car washes
- 20:47 CET Melissa Reid no longer a rebel with a cause