Former Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak will be retried over the killing of anti-government protesters in 2011.
Egypt’s Appeals Court has ruled to accept the appeal of Mubarak and his former interior minister.
Both had been sentenced to life in prison.
The retrial will be conducted by a different panel of judges, but will be based on the same evidence used in the previous trial.
The 84 year-old’s former leader failing health may be taken into account, according to his lawyers.
- 1Tsipras says if Greeks approve the EU’s aid plan, Syriza will resign
- 2[LIVE] Eurogroup ministers to discuss new Greece aid proposal
- 3Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 4The end of the road for Uber? Executives detained by French police
- 5Miss Universe turns ugly for Trump as US TV network cut ties with presidential candidate
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 3[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 4Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 6Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 7Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 8Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 9Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 10‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 11Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria focus of EU cash fraud probes
- 12NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 13Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 14Interpol issues ‘red notice’ for accused ex-FIFA bosses
- 15Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 16Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 17Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 18Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 19Hungary: billboard war sparks international concern
- 20[Latest] AKP loses its majority as Kurdish party enter Turkish Parliament
Wires > News
- 18:26 CET Germanwings offers emotional damage payments to crash victims‘…
- 18:06 CET Iran, powers give themselves to July 7 to strike deal
- 17:31 CET Ugandan opposition leader prepares fourth presidential challenge
- 17:19 CET UK and Netherlands become less migrant-friendly – index
- 17:09 CET Kremlin critic Khodorkovsky named as murder suspect in Russia
- 16:46 CET Egypt’s Sisi promises tougher legal system at prosecutor’s funeral
- 16:19 CET Insight – In Yemen chaos, Islamic State grows to rival al Qaeda
- 16:15 CET Kuwait says in “state of war” with militants, warns of other cells