11/01/13 02:17 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Although France and Turkey are officially condemning the killing of three Kurdish activists in Paris, there are additional comments and questions from both countries.
Bodies of the three women were found at the Kurdish Information Centre in Paris. The victims have been named as Fidan Dogan, Leyla Soylemez and Sakine Cansiz who helped set up the Kurdistan Workers Party the PKK in the early 1980s.
With all three women shot in the head, French Interior Minister Manuel Valls has said the victims had been “without a doubt, executed” and called the killings “assassinations”.
French President Francois Hollande made no such conclusion, but did call the crime “horrible”.
The PKK has waged a 28-year insurgency against the Turkish state and is considered a terrorist organisation by Ankara, Washington and the EU.
The deputy chairman of Turkey’s leading Justice and Development party Huseyin Celik blamed the deaths on a PKK internal feud.
However, Turkey’s prime minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan said it is too early to tell and the killings could be “provocation” at a time when the government has admitted to holding talks with jailed PKK leader Abdullah Ocalan.
Kurdish activists have suggested the Turkish state was responsible for the women’s deaths.
- 1Russian co-pilot says his plane downed “without warning” by Turks
- 2No violation, no warning, a premediatated provocation growls Moscow
- 3Turkey’s NATO ambassador defends downing of Russian fighter jet
- 4Germany will ‘do more’ to fight ISIL, says Merkel
- 5Refugee numbers drop while obstacles multiply for some nationalities
- 1Russia confirms Turks have shot down one of its planes on Syrian border
- 2Fate of pilots of downed Russian jet unclear
- 3Turkey downing of Russian plane “a stab in the back” says President Vladimir Putin
- 4Five questions on Russia’s air strikes in Syria
- 5French police hunt new suspect over Paris attacks
- 1At least 22 people killed as Mali hotel siege ends
- 2Two suspected terrorists dead, seven arrests in police raid on apartment in Saint-Denis, Paris
- 3Fate of pilots of downed Russian jet unclear
- 4Russia confirms Turks have shot down one of its planes on Syrian border
- 5ISIL publishes video to “celebrate” Paris attacks as France continues airstrikes
- 1Coordinated terror attacks leave dozens dead in Paris
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 31000-year-old Bible found in Turkey
- 4Bomb and several shootings in central Paris – reports of fatalities and injuries
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6world Weather | euronews: world ten day weather forecast
- 7European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 8Police hunting Paris attacks mastermind battle with suspects in heart of Paris
- 9latest sci-tech news : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 10Humans consume more than planet can produce on ‘Earth Overshoot Day’
- 11International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 12Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 13Business news and finance news | euronews: international economic and finance news
- 14Middle East - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 15New temporary spiritual leader of Muslim Brotherhood appointed
- 16Fukushima: Tepco admits contaminated water leak into the Pacific
- 17‘Anonymous’ hackers’ group declares ‘war’ on ISIL
- 18Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 19‘Maxed-out:’ Jordan’s King Abdullah II’s frank warning over Syria crisis
- 20Iraq: deadly car bombs kill more than 60 in Baghdad
Latest world news
Germany will ‘do more’ to fight ISIL, says Merkel
Turkey’s NATO ambassador defends downing of Russian fighter jet
No violation, no warning, a premediatated provocation growls Moscow
Russian co-pilot says his plane downed “without warning” by Turks
Ukraine and Russia clash again over gas pricing
Wires > News
- 22:42 CET U.S. using sex, money to infiltrate Iran, supreme leader says
- 21:50 CET Sarkozy battles far-right in French regional vote
- 21:33 CET Palestinian stabs Israeli soldier and is shot dead – army
- 21:33 CET Russia’s past and present collide at ceremony to honour former…
- 21:07 CET Russia and Turkey refuse to back down in row over jet downing
- 20:25 CET UK-made cruise missile used in deadly airstrike on Yemeni factory…
- 20:23 CET Paris attacks a reason Canada slowing Syria migrant flow, PM says
- 20:10 CET Human error led to deadly U.S. strike on Afghan hospital – military