The so-called ‘Doomsday Asteroid’ Apophis is 20 per cent bigger than astronomers first thought.
The European Space Agency has discovered that it is about 325 metres across.
Apophis earned its nickname in 2004 when scientists predicted that it might hit the Earth with devastating consequences.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 05:26 CET China cuts more red tape, paves way for NDRC slim-down
- 05:22 CET Large blast shakes airport in Afghan capital
- 04:23 CET Chinese paper rejects comparison between Mandela and Nobel…
- 02:14 CET Colombia’s ousted Bogota mayor rallies thousands in protest
- 01:50 CET Uruguay becomes first country to legalise marijuana trade
- 01:45 CET Mexico may begin new airport’s construction next year – minister
- 01:40 CET Czech parties reach deal to form centre-left government
- 01:32 CET Ukrainian police enter square occupied by protesters