More than 2,000 exhibitors went to Hong Kong this year for the annual Toys and Games Fair and, of course, as well as revealing traditional toys, many people were showing off their latest technology. So here’s a taste of what could be in the shops next Christmas!
There were realistic tanks for example, controlled by a smartphone. To play with them you download an app onto your phone, charge up your tanks and then let the battle commence.
And one we’ve all been dreaming of… how to turn your smartphone into a gun albeit a toy one. Using the phone’s built-in camera the game allows players to shoot aliens in a augmented-reality environment.
Virtual sport is also gaining market ground. Using a screen and some movement recognition technology, people in real life can join in with a game happening in virtual reality on a screen.
But among the hi-tech wonders were also comfortingly lo-tech traditional toys like little battery operated puppies.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8Denmark: launches anti-migrant ad campaign
- 9Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 10International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 11Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 12Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 13Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 14International news | euronews, latest international news
- 15Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 16Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 17Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 18What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 19[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 20[Live] Catalonia: separatists heading for clear win in crucial elections