More than 2,000 exhibitors went to Hong Kong this year for the annual Toys and Games Fair and, of course, as well as revealing traditional toys, many people were showing off their latest technology. So here’s a taste of what could be in the shops next Christmas!
There were realistic tanks for example, controlled by a smartphone. To play with them you download an app onto your phone, charge up your tanks and then let the battle commence.
And one we’ve all been dreaming of… how to turn your smartphone into a gun albeit a toy one. Using the phone’s built-in camera the game allows players to shoot aliens in a augmented-reality environment.
Virtual sport is also gaining market ground. Using a screen and some movement recognition technology, people in real life can join in with a game happening in virtual reality on a screen.
But among the hi-tech wonders were also comfortingly lo-tech traditional toys like little battery operated puppies.
- 1Retreating ice reveals climate secrets on Qori Kalis glacier
- 2Italy’s army bringing down the cost of getting high on medical marijuana
- 3Robot tries to unlock Giza pyramid’s secrets
- 4Making theatre personal – glasses that translate the dialogue
- 5Supergrass: harvesting the energy potential of riverbank plants
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 8French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 9Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 10International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 11Latest News Bulletin
- 12BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 13Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 14‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 15At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 16Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 17Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 18Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 19Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
- 20The Pluto flyby : what we’ve learnt so far