More than 2,000 exhibitors went to Hong Kong this year for the annual Toys and Games Fair and, of course, as well as revealing traditional toys, many people were showing off their latest technology. So here’s a taste of what could be in the shops next Christmas!
There were realistic tanks for example, controlled by a smartphone. To play with them you download an app onto your phone, charge up your tanks and then let the battle commence.
And one we’ve all been dreaming of… how to turn your smartphone into a gun albeit a toy one. Using the phone’s built-in camera the game allows players to shoot aliens in a augmented-reality environment.
Virtual sport is also gaining market ground. Using a screen and some movement recognition technology, people in real life can join in with a game happening in virtual reality on a screen.
But among the hi-tech wonders were also comfortingly lo-tech traditional toys like little battery operated puppies.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 6Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 7Latest News Bulletin
- 8Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 9Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 10Why World Elephant Day matters
- 11International news | euronews, latest international news
- 12UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 13Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 14ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 15Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 16Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 17Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 18As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid