Gangster Squad, directed by Ruben Fleischer and starring Sean Penn, Josh Brolin, and Ryan Gosling, is an all-action shoot-fest awash with casual death, snappy lines and beautiful call-girls.
It’s slap bang centre in the cops-v-gangsters genre and that’s perhaps its weakness: reviewers complain that although the film is slick, it brings nothing new to the screen. On the other hand, aren’t we all enjoying the sight of Josh Brolin seducing every woman he sees – whatever film he’s in?
For more information see
For the trailer see
For the official film site see
- 114-year-old model reignites underage catwalk controversy
- 2The enthralling colourful timbres of Dutch violin virtuoso Janine Jansen
- 3Eurovision logo says a lot about EU’s health
- 4Tom Hanks’ latest film takes him on journey of self-discovery
- 5Bulgarian businessman turns passion for Soviet-era cars into museum spectacle
latest cinema news
Fritz Bauer: Sometimes the only way to save your country is to betray it
Coming to a screen near you this summer
Best foot forward for Millepied in documentary ‘Reset’
Tom Hanks’ latest film takes him on journey of self-discovery
Cinema news: ‘The Jungle Book’ tops global box office