At first glance it doesn’t sound very exciting but a sheet of plexiglass is making waves at Lausanne’s Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale in Switzerland.
When a beam of light is projected through it, an image miraculously appears – in this case a picture of British computer science pioneer Alan Turing.
Scientists have developed a complicated mathematical formula to use the so-called Caustic Effect – the way light is refracted through water – to create images.
- 1Liquid assets: how to test recycled water on the cheap
- 2Friends in high places: how satellites keep us safe at sea
- 3Volume down, production up: Making wind work harder
- 4Bringing the cost of space technology down to earth in Colombia
- 5Smart ambulances: the hi-tech future of accident and emergency healthcare
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8Egyptian billionaire offers to buy Mediterranean island to house refugees
- 9International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 10Denmark: launches anti-migrant ad campaign
- 11Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 12Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 13Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 14Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 15Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 16Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 17International news | euronews, latest international news
- 18Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 19What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 20[Live] Catalonia: separatists heading for clear win in crucial elections