A senior official from the International Monetary Fund has been meeting the Egyptian government for talks about a loan that is crucial for the country’s economic health.
The on-going political crisis there has sent the Egyptian pound plummeting in value, and that has been depleting foreign currency reserves.
Now they are talking about a 3.7-billion euro loan to contain the crisis.
The IMF’s Middle East and Central Asia director Masood Ahmed is in the country for a series of top level meetings.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 6Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 7Latest News Bulletin
- 8Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 9Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 10Why World Elephant Day matters
- 11UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 12Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 13ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 14Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 15Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 16International news | euronews, latest international news
- 17Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 18As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
Wires > Business
- 16:25 CET Good chance of implementing Greek bailout regardless of poll -…
- 15:28 CET ECB keeps QE total unchanged, promises more if necessary
- 14:52 CET Europe must wait at least five years for bank consolidation – CEOs
- 14:31 CET British retail investors pour 2 billion pounds into equity funds…
- 14:20 CET Japan government FY2016/17 budget request hit record $852 billion…
- 14:07 CET HSBC says to rebrand British retail arm ‘HSBC UK’
- 13:57 CET Turkey’s Erdogan says asked G20 members to prepare investment…
- 13:49 CET China biggest concern for emerging FX; real most prone to sell-off