As a search and rescue team scoured the coast of Venezuela for the missing Italian fashion boss Vittorio Missoni, his family, in a statement say they believe he is still alive and will not give up.
The 58-year-old, his wife and four others were on board a twin engined plane which disappeared on Friday after taking off from the holiday resort Los Roques.
Another couple, friends of the family had been asked to join the flight as Guiseppe Scalvenzi now back in Italy explained.
“They said to us, come with us, come with us. I was more inclined to go than my wife who insisted we should stay for another two or three hours otherwise we would have been on the same flight,” he said.
Luca Missoni, the missing man’s brother is a pilot and has joined the rescue effort. The family owned fashion house has said it will go ahead with the Milan fashion show next week.
It is exactly five years to the day when another plane with eight Italians disappeared. The body of the co-pilot was the only one to be recovered.
Get a different perspective
Every story can be told in many ways: see the perspectives from Euronews journalists in our other language teams.