A Moroccan family of five have been killed in a light plane crash in south-eastern France.
The couple and their three young children, a girl and two boys, were the only people on board.
The adults were flying the twin-engine aircraft themselves. Farid Berrada, who was 46, was the head of a large painting firm in Morocco.
The alarm was raised by a man who saw the plane crash into a hillside.
“I heard a noise coming from the plane, it was as if the plane’s engine wasn’t working properly, and then there was a big bang,” said a witness.
The plane crashed shortly after take-off from Grenoble airport early yesterday afternoon. It came down near Saint-Pierre-de-Bressieux.
The cause isn’t known and no theory has been put forward.
Last November six people died when an Algerian military transport plane crashed in the same region.
- 1Migrants with tickets denied access to Budapest train station
- 2Satellite images show ISIL destruction in Palmyra
- 3‘No person is illegal’ – Vienna holds rally for refugees
- 4Ukraine: deputies explain for and against the decentralisation law
- 5Hungary’s hardline stance on refugees ‘benefits’ people smugglers
- 1Hungary summons French ambassador over border fence row
- 2Protesters angry over destruction of ‘Mephistopheles’ in St Petersburg
- 3Ukraine: angry clashes as bill adopted granting more autonomy in the east
- 4French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius slams Hungary’s ‘migrant fence’
- 5Poland ‘has located’ buried Nazi treasure train
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 6Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 7Latest News Bulletin
- 8Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 9Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 10Why World Elephant Day matters
- 11International news | euronews, latest international news
- 12UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 13Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 14ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 15Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 16Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 17Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 18As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
Wires > News
- 17:20 CET Migrant chaos at Budapest train station; Germany says EU rules…
- 17:15 CET Kurds suspect another chemical attack by Islamic State in Iraq
- 17:09 CET Spanish police search house of train gunman’s family
- 17:02 CET Nigeria’s ex-security adviser pleads not guilty on weapons charge
- 16:23 CET Kuwait charges 26 suspects over arms cache, alleges Iran link
- 16:07 CET Sri Lanka’s Sirisena promises new era of clean government
- 15:21 CET Turkey’s G20 presidency becomes casualty of political turmoil
- 14:52 CET Germany’s Merkel says Catalonia must respect European treaties