A Moroccan family of five have been killed in a light plane crash in south-eastern France.
The couple and their three young children, a girl and two boys, were the only people on board.
The adults were flying the twin-engine aircraft themselves. Farid Berrada, who was 46, was the head of a large painting firm in Morocco.
The alarm was raised by a man who saw the plane crash into a hillside.
“I heard a noise coming from the plane, it was as if the plane’s engine wasn’t working properly, and then there was a big bang,” said a witness.
The plane crashed shortly after take-off from Grenoble airport early yesterday afternoon. It came down near Saint-Pierre-de-Bressieux.
The cause isn’t known and no theory has been put forward.
Last November six people died when an Algerian military transport plane crashed in the same region.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Divers grapple with inhuman conditions as Sewol ferry salvage continues
- 2MH370: bad weather halts search as ‘unidentified material’ found on Australian coast
- 3War of words grows more heated as Russia accuses the US of ‘running the show’ in Ukraine
- 4Exhumations at suspected Serbia mass grave begin
- 5Transnistria territorially tempting to Russia
- 1TV newscaster keeps calm as quake hits Mexico
- 2South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 3Scientists find new Earth-sized planet that could host life
- 4Divers grapple with inhuman conditions as Sewol ferry salvage continues
- 5Dragon docks at International Space Station
Wires > News
- 12:11 CET Former U.S. test site sues nuclear nations for disarmament failure
- 11:45 CET Libya faces enormous security challenge – U.S. diplomat
- 11:16 CET Obama reaffirms commitment to Japan on tour of Asia allies
- 10:56 CET U.N. Security Council members considering South Sudan sanctions
- 09:26 CET Three foreigners killed in attack in Afghan hospital – security…
- 09:25 CET Wage talks resume as South Africa platinum strike marks 13th week
- 08:36 CET Historic canonisation of two popes brings joy and controversy
- 07:48 CET Exclusive – Marubeni says Chinese authorities detain three staff…