More than 40 fires are still burning across Tasmania, after a heatwave with temperatures above 40 degrees Celsius hit the the Australian island state.
At least 85 homes have been destroyed in the Dunalley area alone, according to police.
Authorities say they are still trying to reach around 100 missing people.
After a cooler weekend, temperatures are set to soar again next week.
Wires > News
- 05:36 CET Haiti commission recommends scrapping disputed election results
- 05:31 CET Hitler’s older brother was in fact younger and died early…
- 04:47 CET Attempted North Korea missile launch fails – South Korea
- 04:30 CET Top North Korean official visits China – Kyodo
- 03:11 CET China’s Xi says hopes to get Philippines ties back on track
- 01:55 CET Brazil’s anti-corruption minister quits over leaked recordings
- 01:42 CET Ohio zoo defends safety where boy climbed barrier and gorilla died
- 01:18 CET Rio de Janeiro police arrest two men in gang-rape case