More than 40 fires are still burning across Tasmania, after a heatwave with temperatures above 40 degrees Celsius hit the the Australian island state.
At least 85 homes have been destroyed in the Dunalley area alone, according to police.
Authorities say they are still trying to reach around 100 missing people.
After a cooler weekend, temperatures are set to soar again next week.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 1Mandela Memorial Sign Language Interpreter a ‘Fraud’
- 2Uruguay makes history by legalising entire marijuana market
- 3US considers sanctions against Ukraine as Yanukovych’s offer of talks with the opposition is rejected
- 4Italy: ‘Pitchfork protesters’ disrupt road and rail travel in protest at state of economy
- 5Social networks respond to mystery sign language and Obama ‘selfie’ at Mandela memorial
- 03:37 CET China tells pilots to improve landing skills to deal with Beijing…
- 01:40 CET Pro-sanctions U.S. lawmakers will introduce new Iran bill soon
- 00:52 CET Heavy rains paralyse Rio as residents protest, loot
- 00:38 CET Egyptian forces arrest Qataris at Al Jazeera office in Cairo -…
- 00:02 CET Russia seeks trade talks with Washington – Russian official
- 00:01 CET Blood donation collectors thrown out of Israeli parliament
- 22:52 CET Italian PM Letta wins confidence votes, vows reforms
- 22:37 CET Italy PM Letta wins confidence vote in Senate