Police in Northern Ireland have arrested a man on suspicion of attempted murder after shots were allegedly fired at security officers during clashes in east Belfast.
It happened as loyalist demonstrators protested over the decision to fly the union flag only on designated days of the year.
A campaign of disorder has been ongoing since Belfast City Council took the decision on December 3.
Loyalists also pelted police with bricks, bottles.
Authorities responded with water canon.
It is the third consecutive day of violent protest in east Belfast.
The head of the Police Federation says there is evidence that loyalist paramilitaries are involved in the violence.
So far 40 police officers have been injured in clashes and several politicians have received death threats.
- 1Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 2Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Nepal: ‘equally big earthquakes coming in eastern regions,’ expert tells euronews | euronews, world news
- 5It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 6How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 7Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different? | euronews, world news
- 8Juncker to Hungarian PM Orban: “Hello, Dictator!”
- 9Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 10Exclusive: unrest in FYR Macedonia could hit other Balkan countries warns Serbian PM | euronews, world news
- 11International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 14Portuguese language reform law goes global | euronews, world news
- 15EU membership remains Serbia’s priority, says PM Aleksandar Vucic | euronews, the global conversation
- 16Spanish voters punish mainstream parties in local and regional elections
- 17Watch: France’s Jean-Marie Le Pen clashes with UKIP MEP Woolfe | euronews, world news
- 18Spain: the viral soldiers fighting in Madrid and Barcelona mayoral races | euronews, world news
- 19How young translators are helping knit European culture together | euronews, generation y
- 20eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
Wires > News
- 10:46 CET China breaks ground on lighthouse project in South China Sea
- 10:41 CET Taliban suicide bombers attack Afghan court killing two
- 10:17 CET Japan to join U.S., Australia war games amid growing China tensions
- 10:11 CET Malaysia refuses entry to Hong Kong pro-democracy student activist
- 10:09 CET Malaysia refuses entry to Hong Kong pro-democracy student activist
- 09:56 CET Insight – Erdogan’s ambition heralds turbulence after Turks vote
- 08:59 CET Australia to strip citizenship from dual-national militants
- 08:21 CET Zimbabweans go hungry as drought hammers southern Africa