05/01/13 13:05 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Six Russians have been killed after their snowmobile crashed on a ski slope at Mount Cermis in northeast Italy.
Another two people were injured in the accident late on Friday night.
Russian news reports claim the snowmobile was pulling a sled, where most of the passengers were sitting, when it crashed into a fence and flipped over.
It is being reported in Italy that the group initially asked for permission to use the vehicle on the slope, but were not given it.
The snowmobile fell about 100 metres down an escarpment, according to Italian authorities, who have begun an investigation into the crash.
Twenty people were killed at Mount Cermis in 1998 when a low-flying US military jet cut the cable of a gondola lift, causing it to plunge to the ground.
- 1Two commuter trains collide head-on in Germany
- 2Leopard enters Indian school, mauls six people
- 3Refugees in Hungary offered classes to speed integration
- 4Black boxes retrieved from site of deadly Bad Aibling train collision
- 5New migrant tragedy claims 27 lives as Greece grapples with refugee crisis
- 1Leopard enters Indian school, mauls six people
- 2Japanese volcano erupts on nuclear power station island
- 3Aleppo: Germany and Turkey come up with a 10-point action plan
- 4Pegida fails to ignite as Europe-wide anti-Muslim protests fizzle
- 5One of world’s biggest container ships stranded on German river
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 4Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 5Turkey: Explosion hits Istanbul’s main tourist district
- 6Partnering to grow Europe
- 7Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 8Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 9Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 10Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 11Macedonian Postcards: The Mavrovo National Park
- 12Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
- 13Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 14Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 15latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 16Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 17Merroussis clinches the 33rd Athens Authentic Marathon
- 18Brussels remains on high alert: ‘multiple operations underway’ across Belgium
- 19Evo Morales celebrates his birthday by playing football
- 20Business news and finance news | euronews: international economic and finance news
Wires > News
- 14:13 CET Angry Bulgarian drivers smash through Greek border blockade
- 13:44 CET Suicide bombing at Damascus police club kills several people -…
- 13:43 CET Spain’s Princess Cristina returns to court in tax fraud trial
- 13:19 CET Nine dead, more than 100 hurt in train crash near Bavarian spa town
- 13:12 CET Lawsuit by killer Breivik prompts soul-searching in Norway
- 13:05 CET Bosnian Serb general who helped lead Srebrenica massacre dies
- 12:55 CET Philippines makes song and dance over start of election campaigning
- 12:50 CET U.N. fears for hundreds of thousands if Syria troops encircle…