Six Russians have been killed after their snowmobile crashed on a ski slope at Mount Cermis in northeast Italy.
Another two people were injured in the accident late on Friday night.
Russian news reports claim the snowmobile was pulling a sled, where most of the passengers were sitting, when it crashed into a fence and flipped over.
It is being reported in Italy that the group initially asked for permission to use the vehicle on the slope, but were not given it.
The snowmobile fell about 100 metres down an escarpment, according to Italian authorities, who have begun an investigation into the crash.
Twenty people were killed at Mount Cermis in 1998 when a low-flying US military jet cut the cable of a gondola lift, causing it to plunge to the ground.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1European Commission presidency candidates to go head-to-head in first debate
- 2Russia: Politician’s extraordinary tirade at pregnant journalist
- 3TV newscaster keeps calm as quake hits Mexico
- 4South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 5Funeral for teacher hailed a hero in South Korea ferry tragedy
- 1TV newscaster keeps calm as quake hits Mexico
- 2South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 3European Commission presidency candidates to go head-to-head in first debate
- 4Russia: Politician’s extraordinary tirade at pregnant journalist
- 5South Korea recovers more dead from ferry
- 1Watch April 15 total lunar eclipse live online
- 2TV newscaster keeps calm as quake hits Mexico
- 3South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 4Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
- 5Scientists find new Earth-sized planet that could host life
Wires > News
- 06:00 CET Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine; China seizes ship
- 04:42 CET Malaysia Airlines plane turns back after tyre burst on takeoff
- 04:42 CET China seizure of ship could hurt Japan business – Japan spokesman
- 23:27 CET Ex-army chief, leftist to run for Egyptian presidency
- 22:55 CET Italy economy minister says 2014 growth could be above 0.8 percent…
- 21:55 CET Al Qaeda kills 14 Algerian soldiers in ambush
- 21:12 CET Boston Marathon looks to emerge from shadow of 2013 bombing
- 20:04 CET Technical problems delay reopening of Libya’s Zueitina oil port -…