Six Russians have been killed after their snowmobile crashed on a ski slope at Mount Cermis in northeast Italy.
Another two people were injured in the accident late on Friday night.
Russian news reports claim the snowmobile was pulling a sled, where most of the passengers were sitting, when it crashed into a fence and flipped over.
It is being reported in Italy that the group initially asked for permission to use the vehicle on the slope, but were not given it.
The snowmobile fell about 100 metres down an escarpment, according to Italian authorities, who have begun an investigation into the crash.
Twenty people were killed at Mount Cermis in 1998 when a low-flying US military jet cut the cable of a gondola lift, causing it to plunge to the ground.
- 1Newly-released video alleges Turkey is sending weapons to Syria
- 2Nigeria: Buhari inaugurated in first democratic transfer of power
- 3Ukraine’s former resort city of Shyrokine is now a ghost town
- 4Greece designs new two-euro coin amid fears of Grexit
- 5Blatter re-elected for fifth term as FIFA president
- 1Tony Blair to step down as Middle East representative
- 2Iraq ‘exhumes 470 bodies’, thought to be victims of ISIL-led massacre
- 3Eastern Ukraine: separatists ‘will not push for independence,’ says spokesperson
- 4‘Rampant corruption:’ US orders arrest of senior FIFA executives
- 5Jack Warner turns himself in after being accused of corruption in FIFA scandal
- 1Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 2Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Nepal: ‘equally big earthquakes coming in eastern regions,’ expert tells euronews | euronews, world news
- 5It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 6Juncker to Hungarian PM Orban: “Hello, Dictator!”
- 7Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 8International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 9Exclusive: unrest in FYR Macedonia could hit other Balkan countries warns Serbian PM | euronews, world news
- 10International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 11Portuguese language reform law goes global | euronews, world news
- 12EU membership remains Serbia’s priority, says PM Aleksandar Vucic | euronews, the global conversation
- 13How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 14Spanish voters punish mainstream parties in local and regional elections
- 15Spain: the viral soldiers fighting in Madrid and Barcelona mayoral races | euronews, world news
- 16We will not be moved! China’s urban spread resistance [PHOTOS]
- 17Watch: France’s Jean-Marie Le Pen clashes with UKIP MEP Woolfe | euronews, world news
- 18Recharging without cables: the road ahead for electric cars
- 19Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 20eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
Wires > News
- 05:16 CET Mexico lawmakers demand president detail wealth after…
- 04:22 CET U.S. defence chief says China’s island-building erodes security
- 02:25 CET U.S. military orders review as anthrax mishap widens
- 01:20 CET Multi-vehicle crash in Egypt kills 16, including conscripts -…
- 00:48 CET Video shows Canada Parliament gunman praying before attack
- 00:14 CET Venezuela blocks Latam ex-presidents from seeing detained leaders
- 23:11 CET With no peace, Ukraine is beset by humanitarian risks – U.N.
- 22:51 CET U.S. considers airport preclearance centres in nine countries