Japanese businessman Kiyoshi Kimura has paid 1.38 million euros (155.4 million yen) for a blue fin tuna – more than three times the previous high – which he also set one year ago.
The 222-kilogram fish will be served to Kimura’s customers.
Blue fin tuna is annually sold in a traditional New Year’s auction.
Japan consumes 80 percent blue fin tuna caught worldwide.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 19:14 CET Italian kidnapped in Nigeria – Italian foreign ministry
- 17:25 CET Qatar pushes for Gulf Arab inclusion in Iran talks
- 16:53 CET More than 10 killed in militia battles in northern Kenya
- 16:50 CET China’s parliament – Japan has “no right to criticise” air defence…
- 16:07 CET Syrian Islamists seize Western-backed rebel bases -monitoring group
- 15:13 CET Sports-mad South Africa salutes Mandela ‘The Captain’
- 15:05 CET Syrians targeted Israeli patrol on Golan with bomb – Israel
- 14:35 CET Thai PM says Shinawatras want peace, not power