05/01/13 09:24 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Japanese businessman Kiyoshi Kimura has paid 1.38 million euros (155.4 million yen) for a blue fin tuna – more than three times the previous high – which he also set one year ago.
The 222-kilogram fish will be served to Kimura’s customers.
Blue fin tuna is annually sold in a traditional New Year’s auction.
Japan consumes 80 percent blue fin tuna caught worldwide.
Wires > News
- 23:48 CET Heavy air strikes on Syria’s Idlib kill and injure dozens -monitor
- 23:35 CET Brazil’s Temer pressed to drop anti-corruption minister
- 23:23 CET Netanyahu says willing to discuss Arab initiative for peace with…
- 23:10 CET Six killed, many injured, by roadside bombs in southeast Turkey
- 22:53 CET EU chief Tusk slams utopian ‘illusions’ of united Europe
- 22:46 CET Hitler’s older brother was in fact younger and died early…
- 22:44 CET Juncker’s plan to visit Russia in June reopens EU sanctions debate
- 22:42 CET Sunni hawk wins Lebanon vote, risking new tensions