The pilot of a domestic US flight has been suspended after failing an alcohol test as he prepared to fly.
Forty-eight year old Kolbjorn Jarle Kristiansen aroused the suspicion of security agents who smelled alcohol on him while travelling in a lift together.
The flight was delayed for two and a half hours while another pilot was found.
Officials say they are waiting for the results of blood tests before deciding whether to charge Kristiansen.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Ukrainian troops allegedly desert to join pro-Russian forces in Slavyansk
- 2As it happened : Kyiv and Moscow reach agreement on de-escalation roadmap
- 3‘Rubbish’: Putin slams claims that Russia is behind Ukraine revolt
- 4Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
- 5Pro-Russian activists seize Ukraine armoured vehicles
- 1Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
- 2Ukraine as it happened: Pro-Russian freeze Ukrainian army operation in Kramatorsk
- 3Watch April 15 total lunar eclipse live online
- 4Ukrainian troops allegedly desert to join pro-Russian forces in Slavyansk
- 5Russian PM Dmitry Medvedev says Ukraine on ‘brink of civil war’
Wires > News
- 23:09 CET Divers struggle in search for South Korean ferry survivors
- 23:05 CET Manager at Japan’s Fukushima plant admits radioactive water…
- 22:51 CET Murders soar in Brazil World Cup city during police strike
- 22:32 CET Libya plans ‘smart cards’ to cut fuel subsidies that boost…
- 21:59 CET Israeli, Palestinian negotiators seek to rescue troubled talks
- 21:12 CET Iran cuts sensitive nuclear stockpile, key plant delayed – IAEA
- 21:00 CET Nigerian state says most abducted schoolgirls still missing
- 20:49 CET Runaway spy Snowden is surprise guest on Putin phone-in