05/01/13 09:24 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
The pilot of a domestic US flight has been suspended after failing an alcohol test as he prepared to fly.
Forty-eight year old Kolbjorn Jarle Kristiansen aroused the suspicion of security agents who smelled alcohol on him while travelling in a lift together.
The flight was delayed for two and a half hours while another pilot was found.
Officials say they are waiting for the results of blood tests before deciding whether to charge Kristiansen.
- 1Dozens are killed and wounded in multiple suicide bomb attacks on Istanbul’s Ataturk airport
- 2Suspected ISIL bombers kill 36 and wound dozens at Istanbul airport
- 3Italian actor Bud Spencer dies at 86
- 4Terror in Turkey: attack at Ataturk airport leaves 41 dead and scores injured
- 5Feisty Farage tells MEPs ‘You’re not laughing now’
Wires > News
- 16:26 CET U.N. adds 2,500 peacekeepers to Mali mission, urges tougher stance
- 16:24 CET U.N. rights commissioner voices fear of Burundi violence turning…
- 16:11 CET North Korean assembly awards leader Kim Jong Un fresh title
- 16:09 CET India arrests five suspected of plotting Islamic State attacks
- 15:56 CET Poland reiterates NATO should uphold open-door policy
- 15:47 CET In Istanbul airport’s swift reopening some see resilience, others…
- 15:43 CET U.N.-backed Yemen peace talks adjourn until July 15 – envoy
- 15:19 CET Italy’s Renzi says Spain, Portugal risk EU deficit sanctions