05/01/13 09:24 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
The pilot of a domestic US flight has been suspended after failing an alcohol test as he prepared to fly.
Forty-eight year old Kolbjorn Jarle Kristiansen aroused the suspicion of security agents who smelled alcohol on him while travelling in a lift together.
The flight was delayed for two and a half hours while another pilot was found.
Officials say they are waiting for the results of blood tests before deciding whether to charge Kristiansen.
Latest world news
Turkish journalists sentenced for revealing state secrets
Sadiq Khan set to become London’s first Muslim mayor
Turkey: journalist speaks out against those ‘targeting’ him after Istanbul shooting
Syrian and Russian military deny conducting air strike on refugee camp
North Korea kicks off congress, but foreign invitees refused entry
Wires > News
- 22:10 CET Turkish journalists jailed for five years, hours after courthouse…
- 20:38 CET Panama Papers source breaks silence, denies being a spy -…
- 20:30 CET Convoy leads Canada fire evacuees through burning city to safety
- 20:27 CET China takes first step in $1 billion pledge to U.N. to fund peace…
- 20:25 CET Egypt gives Italy phone records of union chief – source
- 19:58 CET Russia says U.S.-Georgian military exercises could destabilise…
- 19:56 CET U.S. says it is committed to keeping Aleppo truce in place beyond…
- 19:40 CET Brazil Senate committee votes for Rousseff to stand trial