Could Manchester City’s controversial striker Mario Balotelli have secured his exit from the English Premier League champions after appearing to be involved in a bust up with coach Roberto Mancini at the club’s training ground?
Pictures were published of the pair at the Carrington training ground in what appeared to be a physical scuffle that required staff and other players to break up.
The 22-year-old Italian international has been involved in a series of controversies since his move from Inter Milan in 2010.
However Mancini played down the training ground incident on Friday, saying reaction to it had been overblown.
“Mario made a tackle on his team mate that I would prefer to see in a game and not against a team mate,” Mancini told reporters. “I asked him to leave the pitch – he said no so I moved him off.
“That’s all that happened and it was nothing more than that.”
When asked whether the Italy international still has a future at the club, Mancini said: “Nothing has changed between Mario and me and my thoughts have not changed about him and these things happen from time to time.”
“Will Mario have more chances? I will give him 100 chances as long as I can see him trying to improve and working hard for this football club,” he added.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 6Why World Elephant Day matters
- 7Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 8Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 9UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 10Latest News Bulletin
- 11Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 12Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 13ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 14Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 15Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 16Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 17As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 18International news | euronews, latest international news
- 19Artist pays tribute to Aylan Kurdi and Good Samaritan
- 20European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
Euro 2016: Germany beat Poland to go top of Group D
Vuelta: Oliveira solos to stage 13 victory
Iceland beat the Netherlands to close in on first major tournament appearance
Judge overturns Brady’s four-game ‘deflategate’ suspension
Iceland deal major blow to the Netherlands’ Euro 2016 bid
Wires > Sport
- 09:00 CET Messi and Aguero strike braces as Argentina thump Bolivia
- 07:26 CET Eagles match no World Cup audition for Wallabies hopefuls
- 04:41 CET Canada looking to break 2015 win drought
- 04:39 CET Italy old boys under pressure to perform
- 04:34 CET Proven World Cup pedigree boosts France
- 04:31 CET Deep-chilled Georgians strive to reach next level
- 04:30 CET Tonga hoping for better luck at World Cup
- 04:29 CET Pumas looking to make biggest leap at World Cup