Could Manchester City’s controversial striker Mario Balotelli have secured his exit from the English Premier League champions after appearing to be involved in a bust up with coach Roberto Mancini at the club’s training ground?
Pictures were published of the pair at the Carrington training ground in what appeared to be a physical scuffle that required staff and other players to break up.
The 22-year-old Italian international has been involved in a series of controversies since his move from Inter Milan in 2010.
However Mancini played down the training ground incident on Friday, saying reaction to it had been overblown.
“Mario made a tackle on his team mate that I would prefer to see in a game and not against a team mate,” Mancini told reporters. “I asked him to leave the pitch – he said no so I moved him off.
“That’s all that happened and it was nothing more than that.”
When asked whether the Italy international still has a future at the club, Mancini said: “Nothing has changed between Mario and me and my thoughts have not changed about him and these things happen from time to time.”
“Will Mario have more chances? I will give him 100 chances as long as I can see him trying to improve and working hard for this football club,” he added.
- 1Champions League: Defending champs Barcelona storm into last 16
- 2Britain’s Webb wins Antarctic Ice Marathon
- 3Djokovic downs Federer to secure ATP World Tour title in London
- 4Klitschko and Fury warm up for title fight at Dusseldorf airport
- 5Champions League: Real Madrid hold off Shakhtar to win Group A
- 1Coordinated terror attacks leave dozens dead in Paris
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 31000-year-old Bible found in Turkey
- 4Bomb and several shootings in central Paris – reports of fatalities and injuries
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Police hunting Paris attacks mastermind battle with suspects in heart of Paris
- 7European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 8world Weather | euronews: world ten day weather forecast
- 9Humans consume more than planet can produce on ‘Earth Overshoot Day’
- 10latest sci-tech news : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 11Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 12‘Anonymous’ hackers’ group declares ‘war’ on ISIL
- 13‘Maxed-out:’ Jordan’s King Abdullah II’s frank warning over Syria crisis
- 14International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 15Business news and finance news | euronews: international economic and finance news
- 16No Comment | euronews: international news images without commentary
- 17Latest News Bulletin
- 18Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 19Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 20Terrorist threat on Europe’s rail network, according to German tabloid
Wires > Sport
- 22:11 CET Hamburg drops 2024 Games bid after referendum defeat
- 21:46 CET Roll on 2016, says happy Rosberg
- 21:32 CET Arsenal miss out on joining leaders, Spurs hold Chelsea
- 18:29 CET Real’s Bale and Ronaldo score in defeat of Eibar
- 18:05 CET Aubameyang strikes twice as Dortmund crush Stuttgart
- 14:31 CET F1 tightens cooperation rules, clears Ferrari – Haas
- 13:06 CET Gignac goal secures Mexican last-four berth for Tigres
- 13:05 CET West Indian spinner Narine suspended for illegal action