Could Manchester City’s controversial striker Mario Balotelli have secured his exit from the English Premier League champions after appearing to be involved in a bust up with coach Roberto Mancini at the club’s training ground?
Pictures were published of the pair at the Carrington training ground in what appeared to be a physical scuffle that required staff and other players to break up.
The 22-year-old Italian international has been involved in a series of controversies since his move from Inter Milan in 2010.
However Mancini played down the training ground incident on Friday, saying reaction to it had been overblown.
“Mario made a tackle on his team mate that I would prefer to see in a game and not against a team mate,” Mancini told reporters. “I asked him to leave the pitch – he said no so I moved him off.
“That’s all that happened and it was nothing more than that.”
When asked whether the Italy international still has a future at the club, Mancini said: “Nothing has changed between Mario and me and my thoughts have not changed about him and these things happen from time to time.”
“Will Mario have more chances? I will give him 100 chances as long as I can see him trying to improve and working hard for this football club,” he added.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 3[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 4[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 5Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 6Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 8Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 9Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 10Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 11‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 12NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 13Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 14Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 15Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 16Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 17Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 18Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
- 19Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 20Hungary: billboard war sparks international concern
Tour de France: Rodriguez wins stage three as Froome earns leader’s yellow jersey
Red Bull Air Race: Arch wins in Budapest
Cancellara in yellow; Greipal wins stage 2 of the Tour de France
Mongolia and Japan call the shots at Ulaanbaatar Judo Grand Prix
Rohan Dennis record breaking Lycra lad wins Tour de France Grand Depart
Wires > Sport
- 18:52 CET England’s ‘Lionesses’ home after strong World Cup showing
- 18:36 CET FIFA bans bid inspector Mayne-Nicholls for seven years
- 18:14 CET United winger Nani signs three-year deal with Fenerbahce
- 17:37 CET England can win the Ashes, says Pietersen
- 17:01 CET CoCo and Keys make it three Americans in last eight
- 16:59 CET Wimbledon rolls out the creche carpet for player families
- 16:30 CET Tour stage neutralised after huge crash
- 15:24 CET Yemen forfeit World Cup qualifier over ineligible player