Could Manchester City’s controversial striker Mario Balotelli have secured his exit from the English Premier League champions after appearing to be involved in a bust up with coach Roberto Mancini at the club’s training ground?
Pictures were published of the pair at the Carrington training ground in what appeared to be a physical scuffle that required staff and other players to break up.
The 22-year-old Italian international has been involved in a series of controversies since his move from Inter Milan in 2010.
However Mancini played down the training ground incident on Friday, saying reaction to it had been overblown.
“Mario made a tackle on his team mate that I would prefer to see in a game and not against a team mate,” Mancini told reporters. “I asked him to leave the pitch – he said no so I moved him off.
“That’s all that happened and it was nothing more than that.”
When asked whether the Italy international still has a future at the club, Mancini said: “Nothing has changed between Mario and me and my thoughts have not changed about him and these things happen from time to time.”
“Will Mario have more chances? I will give him 100 chances as long as I can see him trying to improve and working hard for this football club,” he added.
- 1Champions League preview: Atletico Madrid v Bayern Munich
- 22017 Dakar rally route unveiled
- 3Champions League: Man City and Real Madrid play out dull goalless draw
- 4Cycling: Belgian teenager gets six-year ban for mechanical doping
- 5Oklahoma Thunder beat Dallas to reach Western Conference semi-finals
Europa League: Villarreal snatch last-minute victory against Liverpool
Colombia’s Nairo Quintana bumped up on podium in Tour de Romandie
Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho suspended for 30 days
Home hope Mohamed Elshorbagy through to semis of El Gouna International
Russia strikes gold in men’s team sabre in Rio
Wires > Sport
- 05:51 CET Inter Milan in talks with potential investors including Suning -…
- 05:34 CET Yates fails drugs test using asthma inhaler – team
- 02:58 CET Smith backs Cricket Australia campaign for day-night test
- 02:12 CET Show jumper Keach returns to Games 28 years later
- 00:37 CET Villarreal strike late against Liverpool, Sevilla draw at Shakhtar
- 21:54 CET Lance Armstrong asks U.S. judge for summary judgement in lawsuit
- 21:11 CET F1 text driver? Haryanto sees money in messaging
- 21:08 CET Fury labels Klitschko boring, no-risk fighter