Close
Log in
Please enter your login details

Skip to main content

Could Manchester City’s controversial striker Mario Balotelli have secured his exit from the English Premier League champions after appearing to be involved in a bust up with coach Roberto Mancini at the club’s training ground?

Pictures were published of the pair at the Carrington training ground in what appeared to be a physical scuffle that required staff and other players to break up.

The 22-year-old Italian international has been involved in a series of controversies since his move from Inter Milan in 2010.

However Mancini played down the training ground incident on Friday, saying reaction to it had been overblown.

“Mario made a tackle on his team mate that I would prefer to see in a game and not against a team mate,” Mancini told reporters. “I asked him to leave the pitch – he said no so I moved him off.

“That’s all that happened and it was nothing more than that.”

When asked whether the Italy international still has a future at the club, Mancini said: “Nothing has changed between Mario and me and my thoughts have not changed about him and these things happen from time to time.”

“Will Mario have more chances? I will give him 100 chances as long as I can see him trying to improve and working hard for this football club,” he added.

Copyright © 2014 euronews

More about: