Baby Nevaeh has become an internet star from birth, after grabbing the finger of the surgeon performing the caesarean section on her mother.
Father Randy Atkins took a photo of the unusual moment for his photographer wife, Alicia Atkins at the hospital in Peoria, Arizona in the United States.
Randy’s reaction: “I looked in the camera and saw the picture, and I was like, ‘wow this is awesome’.”
Alicia Atkins said: “It was such a miracle of life.”
In just one week, more than 36,000 people viewed the picture which was posted on Facebook just before Christmas.
Dr Allan Sawyer, who delivered Nevaeh on October, 9, said the baby’s head usually appears first during a caesarean section and the finger-grabbing was “really rare”.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 07:09 CET U.S. commitment to Middle East security proven, enduring – Hagel
- 06:19 CET Australia celebrates first same-sex marriages ahead of court…
- 02:27 CET France struggles in EU to stem low-cost foreign workers
- 22:54 CET French launch Central African Republic mission but deaths mount
- 22:24 CET South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15
- 22:05 CET U.N., U.S. call for investigations into Thai trafficking of…
- 21:58 CET Exclusive- Brazil report on World Cup air traffic jams at odds…
- 21:51 CET Aide to North Korean leader’s ousted uncle seeks asylum in South -…