04/01/13 15:09 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Baby Nevaeh has become an internet star from birth, after grabbing the finger of the surgeon performing the caesarean section on her mother.
Father Randy Atkins took a photo of the unusual moment for his photographer wife, Alicia Atkins at the hospital in Peoria, Arizona in the United States.
Randy’s reaction: “I looked in the camera and saw the picture, and I was like, ‘wow this is awesome’.”
Alicia Atkins said: “It was such a miracle of life.”
In just one week, more than 36,000 people viewed the picture which was posted on Facebook just before Christmas.
Dr Allan Sawyer, who delivered Nevaeh on October, 9, said the baby’s head usually appears first during a caesarean section and the finger-grabbing was “really rare”.
Wires > News
- 23:17 CET Western-backed Syrian opposition’s chief peace negotiator quits…
- 22:25 CET Killing of gorilla to save boy at Ohio zoo sparks outrage
- 21:30 CET Rubio warms to Trump, but won’t be his vice president
- 21:25 CET Jordan’s King Abdullah dissolves parliament, names caretaker PM
- 20:43 CET Brother of man killed in U.S. strike on Taliban chief files police…
- 19:09 CET U.N. concerned about rising political tensions in Cambodia
- 19:03 CET Five U.N. soldiers killed in central Mali attack
- 19:02 CET Merkel, Hollande together mark 100 years since Verdun battle