Baby Nevaeh has become an internet star from birth, after grabbing the finger of the surgeon performing the caesarean section on her mother.
Father Randy Atkins took a photo of the unusual moment for his photographer wife, Alicia Atkins at the hospital in Peoria, Arizona in the United States.
Randy’s reaction: “I looked in the camera and saw the picture, and I was like, ‘wow this is awesome’.”
Alicia Atkins said: “It was such a miracle of life.”
In just one week, more than 36,000 people viewed the picture which was posted on Facebook just before Christmas.
Dr Allan Sawyer, who delivered Nevaeh on October, 9, said the baby’s head usually appears first during a caesarean section and the finger-grabbing was “really rare”.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Ukrainian troops allegedly desert to join pro-Russian forces in Slavyansk
- 2As it happened : Kyiv and Moscow reach agreement on de-escalation roadmap
- 3‘Rubbish’: Putin slams claims that Russia is behind Ukraine revolt
- 4Pro-Russian activists seize Ukraine armoured vehicles
- 5Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
- 1Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
- 2Ukraine as it happened: Pro-Russian freeze Ukrainian army operation in Kramatorsk
- 3Watch April 15 total lunar eclipse live online
- 4Ukrainian troops allegedly desert to join pro-Russian forces in Slavyansk
- 5Russian PM Dmitry Medvedev says Ukraine on ‘brink of civil war’
Wires > News
- 20:43 CET Teen in ‘Jihad Jane’ case sentenced to five years in prison
- 20:41 CET Islamist militants kill 30 in attacks around Iraq
- 20:27 CET Algeria’s Bouteflika poised to win re-election
- 20:15 CET French troops free five aid workers kidnapped in Mali
- 20:05 CET Guantanamo hearing halted after defence accusations of FBI spying
- 20:03 CET U.S. releases $450 million of frozen Iranian funds after …
- 19:55 CET Kosovo PM urges vote on new war crimes court but calls it insult
- 19:51 CET Divers struggle in search for South Korean ferry survivors