Baby Nevaeh has become an internet star from birth, after grabbing the finger of the surgeon performing the caesarean section on her mother.
Father Randy Atkins took a photo of the unusual moment for his photographer wife, Alicia Atkins at the hospital in Peoria, Arizona in the United States.
Randy’s reaction: “I looked in the camera and saw the picture, and I was like, ‘wow this is awesome’.”
Alicia Atkins said: “It was such a miracle of life.”
In just one week, more than 36,000 people viewed the picture which was posted on Facebook just before Christmas.
Dr Allan Sawyer, who delivered Nevaeh on October, 9, said the baby’s head usually appears first during a caesarean section and the finger-grabbing was “really rare”.
- 1Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 2Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
- 3Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 4Saakashvili warns of Odessa region’s importance to Ukraine
- 5Tsipras says if Greeks approve the EU’s aid plan, Syriza will resign
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 3[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 4[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 5Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 6Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 8Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 9Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 10Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 11‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 12NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 13Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 14Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 15Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 16Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 17Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 18Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
- 19Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 20Hungary: billboard war sparks international concern
Latest world news
Turkish fury as minority Muslims ‘banned from fasting’ in China
Greeks worry about their future and their savings
“We gave an example of democracy” says Greek Prime Minister
Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
Foreign TV channels camp out in Athens as nation awaits fallout from “No” vote
Wires > News
- 15:30 CET BRICS summit gives Putin a chance to show Russia not isolated
- 15:26 CET Insight – Tensions with Russia could prompt NATO strategy rethink
- 15:21 CET MP tells anti-gay rally: Obama should not push gay agenda in Kenya
- 15:03 CET Islamic State target Iraq’s Haditha town with vehicle bombs
- 14:53 CET Quake of 6.2 magnitude hits near Tonga – USGS
- 14:40 CET Gaza children ‘emotionally shattered’ one year after conflict
- 14:07 CET Egypt arrests Brotherhood members for alleged Suez plot – security…
- 13:36 CET Pakistani gunmen kill three in attack blamed on Islamist groups