Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova attended his first training session on Wednesday since a cancer operation in his throat in late December.
The 44-year-old needed more surgery following an operation to remove a tumour from his saliva glands in November 2011.
Vilanova’s return is sooner than at first anticipated but he will continue to alternate his coaching duties with a course of chemotherapy and radiotherapy for another four weeks.
After a record-breaking unbeaten start to the season Barca begin 2013 against city rivals Espanyol on Sunday.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 19:05 CET Torquay midfielder gets 10-game ban for biting
- 18:08 CET Vulnerable France looking for direction as World Cup nears
- 18:04 CET Crash ends Hoefl-Riesch’s World Cup hopes
- 16:53 CET Mellow Mihajlovic leads Sampdoria revival
- 15:33 CET Henman believes doping not significant in tennis
- 15:29 CET Brazilian club deny misuse of World Cup stadium funds
- 14:47 CET Sandusky’s wife claims he’s innocent, victims manipulated
- 14:22 CET King says WTA Tour needs more female coaches