Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova attended his first training session on Wednesday since a cancer operation in his throat in late December.
The 44-year-old needed more surgery following an operation to remove a tumour from his saliva glands in November 2011.
Vilanova’s return is sooner than at first anticipated but he will continue to alternate his coaching duties with a course of chemotherapy and radiotherapy for another four weeks.
After a record-breaking unbeaten start to the season Barca begin 2013 against city rivals Espanyol on Sunday.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Liverpool remain on track for first league title in 24 years
- 2Champions League draw: Bayern Munich to face Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid meet Chelsea
- 3El Morabity clinches Marathon des Sables
- 4Tough desert day for the runners in the Marathon Des Sables
- 5Real Madrid pile misery on Barcelona with Copa del Rey win
Wires > Sport
- 15:34 CET French prosecutors investigate Belounis’s Qatar club
- 15:22 CET Liverpool trio on shortlist for PFA player of the year
- 14:18 CET Rebels halt Force’s winning run in Melbourne
- 13:59 CET Motor-racing-Hamilton leads second practice in China
- 13:14 CET Westwood surges clear in Malaysia as Larrazabal dives for cover
- 11:54 CET Fenerbahce chairman faces jail time again after appeal rejected
- 11:52 CET Trott stands down again after relapse of stress problems
- 11:51 CET Bolt hails Bale’s Spanish Cup final stunner