Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova attended his first training session on Wednesday since a cancer operation in his throat in late December.
The 44-year-old needed more surgery following an operation to remove a tumour from his saliva glands in November 2011.
Vilanova’s return is sooner than at first anticipated but he will continue to alternate his coaching duties with a course of chemotherapy and radiotherapy for another four weeks.
After a record-breaking unbeaten start to the season Barca begin 2013 against city rivals Espanyol on Sunday.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 3Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 4[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 7Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 8[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 9Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 10NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 11Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 12‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 13Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 14Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 15Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 16Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 17Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 18Greek banks, stock exchange will not open on Monday, Tsipras announces
- 19Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
- 20Hungary: billboard war sparks international concern
Wires > Sport
- 20:47 CET Melissa Reid no longer a rebel with a cause
- 20:43 CET Button has little to smile about at Silverstone
- 18:48 CET Historic moment for Africa as Teklehaimanot starts Tour
- 17:53 CET Cilic wins battle of Wimbledon’s marathon men
- 17:40 CET South Africa start build-up to Twenty20 World Cup
- 17:05 CET Spoils go to Viktor as Brown exits Wimbledon
- 16:06 CET Hamilton the home hero with British GP pole
- 13:26 CET Boom to start Tour despite low cortisol levels