Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova attended his first training session on Wednesday since a cancer operation in his throat in late December.
The 44-year-old needed more surgery following an operation to remove a tumour from his saliva glands in November 2011.
Vilanova’s return is sooner than at first anticipated but he will continue to alternate his coaching duties with a course of chemotherapy and radiotherapy for another four weeks.
After a record-breaking unbeaten start to the season Barca begin 2013 against city rivals Espanyol on Sunday.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russian rumour mill suggests Putin suffering poor health | euronews, world news
- 3Slovenia becomes 11th EU nation to approve gay marriage | euronews, world news
- 4[LIVE] Germanwings passenger jet crashes in southern France, 148 people on board – authorities | euronews, world news
- 5Exclusive: CIA and Mossad are behind Boko Haram and ISIL, says Sudan president | euronews, world news
- 6Indian rapist says women to blame for being sexually assaulted | euronews, world news
- 7International news | euronews, latest international news
- 8Why is Bulgaria the EU’s most unhappy country? | euronews, world news
- 9Greece’s claim for war reparations from Germany explained | euronews, world news
- 10French Alps plane crash treated as suicide and mass murder by co-pilot | euronews, world news
- 11Exclusive: Tsipras promises meritocracy, transparency for Greece, urges Europe to put people first | euronews, world news
- 12Reaching new heights: Parents in India scale walls to ‘help students cheat’ | euronews, world news
- 13Tens of thousands march in Moscow in memory of Boris Nemtsov | euronews, world news
- 14eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 15London calling: why home-loving Hungarians are flocking to British capital | euronews, reporter
- 16Handwriting and the digital age, time for change in schools? | euronews, learning world
- 17French prosecutor: Germanwings co-pilot appears to have crashed plane deliberately | euronews, world news
- 18Manufacturing jihad – Nicolas Hénin explains what he learned about ISIL | euronews, the global conversation
- 19Romania left red-faced after France-Germany map gaffe | euronews, world news
- 20International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
Wires > Sport
- 12:48 CET Stoner to enter Suzuka eight hours race
- 12:46 CET Ferrari stay cool in pursuit of Mercedes
- 12:15 CET Renault could quit F1 or buy Toro Rosso
- 12:14 CET Serbia can stop Ronaldo and Portugal, says Ivanovic
- 12:12 CET Liverpool’s Sturridge faces spell out with muscle tear
- 12:02 CET Lions bag another road win over struggling Reds
- 11:58 CET Manor thrilled to be back on track
- 11:20 CET Malaysian queries eligibility of new Filipino rival thrower