Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova attended his first training session on Wednesday since a cancer operation in his throat in late December.
The 44-year-old needed more surgery following an operation to remove a tumour from his saliva glands in November 2011.
Vilanova’s return is sooner than at first anticipated but he will continue to alternate his coaching duties with a course of chemotherapy and radiotherapy for another four weeks.
After a record-breaking unbeaten start to the season Barca begin 2013 against city rivals Espanyol on Sunday.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 06:57 CET Mexico’s Marquez bows out of Libertadores Cup with red card
- 03:19 CET Analysis – United must move fast with vital window looming
- 02:03 CET Real’s Bale a doubt for Bayern game with illness – reports
- 01:33 CET Mourinho’s cautious Chelsea frustrate Atletico
- 00:59 CET Chelsea have Champions League advantage, Simeone concedes
- 00:54 CET Cech, Terry to miss rest of Premier League season
- 00:53 CET World Cup test event to go ahead with reduced crowd
- 23:51 CET Leicester seal second-tier title with win at Bolton