Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova attended his first training session on Wednesday since a cancer operation in his throat in late December.
The 44-year-old needed more surgery following an operation to remove a tumour from his saliva glands in November 2011.
Vilanova’s return is sooner than at first anticipated but he will continue to alternate his coaching duties with a course of chemotherapy and radiotherapy for another four weeks.
After a record-breaking unbeaten start to the season Barca begin 2013 against city rivals Espanyol on Sunday.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 20:25 CET Sabella quits as Argentina coach – reports
- 19:50 CET Caterham F1 team and ex-employees in legal action
- 19:43 CET Soccer-Barkley agrees new contract at Everton
- 19:37 CET Excited Drogba aims to end Chelsea’s five-year title wait
- 18:41 CET Liverpool sign Belgian Origi and loan him back to Lille
- 18:31 CET Ecclestone seeks to settle German bribery case
- 18:23 CET Macho sport looks to feminine side in women’s World Cup
- 17:58 CET Genk fire coach after opening game of the season