A so-called paparazzo has died after attempting to take pictures of pop star Justin Bieber in his white Ferrari.
The 29-year-old photographer – whose name has not been released – crossed a Los Angeles freeway to take photos.
Bieber wasn’t in his car at the time, which had been pulled over by California Highway Patrol officers for suspected speeding.
When the snapper was warned by police to return to his own vehicle, he was hit by another car while crossing four lanes of traffic.
Charges were unlikely to be filed against the driver who struck the photographer, police said.
Bieber was stopped by police for speeding on a Los Angeles freeway last July. He told officers he was being hounded by paparazzi at the time.
Prosecutors charged a celebrity photographer under a California law that criminalises dangerous driving when taking photos commercially, but a judge later dismissed those counts.
- 1The nuclear waste site at the heart of Canada’s wildfires
- 2EgyptAir crash: suggestions of explosion on board ‘mere assumptions’ – official
- 3A handshake, a kiss and a hug at historic meeting of Catholic and Muslim leaders
- 4French union blockades spark petrol shortages
- 5Missing EgyptAir flight made no “swerves” before crashing – Cairo
- 1EgyptAir crash: airline says Flight MS804 wreckage found
- 2Venezuela economy fractured with shortages of essentials across the country
- 3The nuclear waste site at the heart of Canada’s wildfires
- 4Crimean Tatars look for Eurovision boost on day of national tragedy
- 5Kazakh police break up anti-government protests
Latest world news
France blockades hit ‘all oil refineries’ as labour dispute hardens
Iraqi offensive in Fallujah causing concern over civilian safety, says UN
EgyptAir crash: suggestions of explosion on board ‘mere assumptions’ – official
Iran appoints hardliner Ahmad Jannati to lead powerful assembly
Obama ‘significantly concerned’ about civil liberties in Vietnam
Wires > News
- 15:04 CET EU gives Poland more time in rule of law probe, agrees to talks
- 15:01 CET Iraq forces keep up shelling of Falluja, U.N. concern mounts for…
- 14:50 CET New Turkish cabinet reflects Erdogan’s growing power
- 14:45 CET Insight – As fighters return from Libya, Tunisia faces growing…
- 14:43 CET Cyprus president cuts short Turkey trip after protocol row
- 14:41 CET Drop in deaths in Mediterranean is hopeful sign, migration body…
- 14:21 CET Britain investigating reports its cluster bombs used in Yemen
- 13:51 CET Philippines says Malaysian Navy detains three fishermen in South…