A so-called paparazzo has died after attempting to take pictures of pop star Justin Bieber in his white Ferrari.
The 29-year-old photographer – whose name has not been released – crossed a Los Angeles freeway to take photos.
Bieber wasn’t in his car at the time, which had been pulled over by California Highway Patrol officers for suspected speeding.
When the snapper was warned by police to return to his own vehicle, he was hit by another car while crossing four lanes of traffic.
Charges were unlikely to be filed against the driver who struck the photographer, police said.
Bieber was stopped by police for speeding on a Los Angeles freeway last July. He told officers he was being hounded by paparazzi at the time.
Prosecutors charged a celebrity photographer under a California law that criminalises dangerous driving when taking photos commercially, but a judge later dismissed those counts.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1TV newscaster keeps calm as quake hits Mexico
- 2Scientists find new Earth-sized planet that could host life
- 3South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 4Russia: Politician’s extraordinary tirade at pregnant journalist
- 5Ukraine offers devolution as pro-Russian separatists vow to continue protests
- 1South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 2Ukraine: US, Russia and EU strike deal after crisis talks
- 3Scientists find new Earth-sized planet that could host life
- 4Geneva talks defy predictions of failure but will words turn into actions?
- 5A mother’s slap signals mercy for a convicted Iranian murderer
Wires > News
- 14:41 CET Two killed in Bahrain car explosion – Interior Ministry
- 14:10 CET Death toll climbs to at least 13 in worst tragedy on Everest
- 14:02 CET Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks…
- 11:39 CET Kidnapped French journalists found on Turkey’s Syrian border
- 11:31 CET Iran says plane at airport leased to Ghana after U.S.-flagged…
- 11:28 CET Egyptian leftist politician submits bid to run for president
- 10:08 CET Gunmen kidnap two Pakistani U.N. staff members from Karachi
- 01:35 CET Nigeria Islamists still holding 85 schoolgirls after raid- state