A so-called paparazzo has died after attempting to take pictures of pop star Justin Bieber in his white Ferrari.
The 29-year-old photographer – whose name has not been released – crossed a Los Angeles freeway to take photos.
Bieber wasn’t in his car at the time, which had been pulled over by California Highway Patrol officers for suspected speeding.
When the snapper was warned by police to return to his own vehicle, he was hit by another car while crossing four lanes of traffic.
Charges were unlikely to be filed against the driver who struck the photographer, police said.
Bieber was stopped by police for speeding on a Los Angeles freeway last July. He told officers he was being hounded by paparazzi at the time.
Prosecutors charged a celebrity photographer under a California law that criminalises dangerous driving when taking photos commercially, but a judge later dismissed those counts.
- 1Turkey blames US for ‘sea of blood’ in region
- 2Nigeria: suicide bomber turns herself in after recognising relatives among potential victims
- 3World powers arrive in Munich hoping to resurrect Syrian peace talks
- 4Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 5North Korea: broadcasts footage said to show latest missile launch
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Most Istanbul blast victims ‘were German’, says Turkey
- 4Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 5Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 6Partnering to grow Europe
- 7Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 8Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 9Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 10Merroussis clinches the 33rd Athens Authentic Marathon
- 11Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 12‘National’ funeral for Celine Dion’s husband ‘over the top’
- 13Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 14International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 15Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 16latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 17Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 18Middle East - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 19Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
- 20world Weather | euronews: world ten day weather forecast
Latest world news
Koreas: tension climbs on the divided peninsula
Victims of Sara Netanyahu’s ‘abusive behaviour’ win 39,000 euros
France: two deadly crashes involving children in two days
Iran marks 37 years since the Islamic Revolution
Humanitarian crisis in Syria ‘much greater than previously reported’
Wires > News
- 14:44 CET Insight – Back to its roots: how Zika may threaten Africa
- 14:33 CET NATO launches sea mission against people-smugglers
- 14:14 CET Prison riot in northeast Mexico kills dozens – media reports
- 13:56 CET Greeks at frontline of migrant crisis angry at Europe’s criticism
- 13:39 CET U.S. tells allies campaign to defeat Islamic State must be…
- 13:36 CET Spain’s acting PM could ask EU for deficit target flexibility
- 13:34 CET Pro-government forces seize camp outside Yemen capital
- 13:06 CET Turkey-Israel talks to restore ties going well, no deal yet – …