A so-called paparazzo has died after attempting to take pictures of pop star Justin Bieber in his white Ferrari.
The 29-year-old photographer – whose name has not been released – crossed a Los Angeles freeway to take photos.
Bieber wasn’t in his car at the time, which had been pulled over by California Highway Patrol officers for suspected speeding.
When the snapper was warned by police to return to his own vehicle, he was hit by another car while crossing four lanes of traffic.
Charges were unlikely to be filed against the driver who struck the photographer, police said.
Bieber was stopped by police for speeding on a Los Angeles freeway last July. He told officers he was being hounded by paparazzi at the time.
Prosecutors charged a celebrity photographer under a California law that criminalises dangerous driving when taking photos commercially, but a judge later dismissed those counts.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1International investigators reach MH17 crash site in Ukraine
- 2Ukrainian prime minister’s triumphant speech after resignation rejected
- 3Edward Snowden: after one year in Russia, what now for the NSA whistleblower?
- 4Deadly attack on Ukraine troops near Malaysia Airlines crash site
- 5Rosetta the comet hunter arrives at its target
- 1#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 2Eastern Ukrainians ‘hate Russian-led guerrillas’ — Arseniy Yatsenyuk
- 3Caught on camera – children drugged and beaten in Romanian kindergarten
- 4Ukraine: ‘Disappointment’ at Yatsenyuk resignation
- 5Fears over spread of Ebola as more tragedies emerge
Wires > News
- 17:26 CET Ugandan court overturns anti-gay law that halted Western aid
- 17:19 CET Jailed Indian tycoon gets office to negotiate hotel sales
- 15:29 CET Somali lawmaker killed in Mogadishu, fifth since April
- 15:13 CET Myanmar military releases 91 child soldiers
- 14:52 CET India’s Congress slams book challenging party chief Sonia Gandhi
- 14:49 CET Exclusive: China’s Xi likely to promote army general who exposed…
- 13:36 CET Court rejects request to arrest Kremlin critic Navalny
- 12:51 CET Pakistan widows, ‘second’ wives flee fighting but are denied aid